Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Harri74

May 29, 2007
Midlands
www.myspace.com
Hi guys,

My current virus protection (Bit Defender) is about to expire and before parting with £29.99 for another year i thought id do some research. Does anybody recomend a good full protection system that is better value for money? Any help would be much appreciated.

:thumbsup:

Mar 15, 2006
Carlisle
Eset`s Nod32..Never had a problem with it..Very low resource usage...

Best of all ive never picked a virus up in the 3 year ive used it..

Out shoddy that i might have got its stopped it in its tracks before intrudin me pc :thumbsup:

Grab yaself a 30 day trial and test it.. http://www.eset.co.uk/

But make sure u have completely removed any other AV u have running :thumbsup:

Mar 15, 2006
Carlisle
used to use AVG free but it doesnt give full protection...

does it?

Yea i found that to be the case..

When i used free AVG then went on paid version for some reason it found somethings on the 1st scan :S

But wasnt overly keen on AVG due to the high processing of it and all the false positives it would throw up :mad:

In my personal experience if found the free AV`s to be a fail in the end and honestly dont think id ever go back to free AV`s and due to the fantastic experience ive had with Nod32 i honestly cant see me using any other AV.

Harri74

May 29, 2007
Midlands
www.myspace.com
Eset NOD32 is the nads....as mentioned, never had a prob with it, works fine, auto update, low mem usage, been virus free for ages.

There is a 'Trial Version' knocking about somewhere, that runs out in over 1 million days, not bad for a trial :p

I gonna try running the trial version when my registration for bit defender runs out (14 days). Do i have to completely uninstall my current protection before i even run the trial though?? Thanks :)

seandelier

Dec 8, 2006
Yea i found that to be the case..

When i used free AVG then went on paid version for some reason it found somethings on the 1st scan :S

But wasnt overly keen on AVG due to the high processing of it and all the false positives it would throw up :mad:

In my personal experience if found the free AV`s to be a fail in the end and honestly dont think id ever go back to free AV`s and due to the fantastic experience ive had with Nod32 i honestly cant see me using any other AV.

AVG free is a bit bloated nowadays but AVAST is top notch. I know loads of PC administrators for large companies and they swear by AVAST for home use. I have never had a infection with AVAST.

Mar 15, 2006
Carlisle
I gonna try running the trial version when my registration for bit defender runs out (14 days). Do i have to completely uninstall my current protection before i even run the trial though?? Thanks :)

Yea totally remove old AV as can cause serious probs which i had the misfortune of having ...

But its deffo worth it tho..

And no need to worry as the trial is fully functional and will run just as a fully paid version so no need to worry about it missing anything :thumbsup: