The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

nathan

Sep 6, 2001
north west london
www.cometogether2.co.uk
well.....

brixtonite said:
nice idea - don't understand the benefits this has over any other turntable - am i having a DOH! moment?

My turntable only has the red and white output cables so unless i had a really expensive sound card i have no line in on my laptop. Hopefully the adapter I have bought will sort it. But then I still have to deal with soundforge etc. This has its own built in software. Would save a lot of time and hastle

ez

arrr, I getcha - lappies are a mare for that sort of thing, the soundcards won't have more than a line in (even then, you're lucky), but you can get a 2 quid adapter from maplin to sort that...

nathan said:
My turntable only has the red and white output cables so unless i had a really expensive sound card i have no line in on my laptop. Hopefully the adapter I have bought will sort it. But then I still have to deal with soundforge etc. This has its own built in software. Would save a lot of time and hastle

Mike

Jun 21, 2002
turpieaj said:
Before anyone rushes out to buy one of these - it seems like there is either a piece of information of the website or a seriously required piece of hardware missing - A preamp to boost the signals:confused:

Andy

Looks like the deck has a pre-amp built in, as the blurb says it has a line level output. There are a few other decks you can get that have a built in preamp to plug straight into a line input, but I've never seen a USB one before.

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
I dont get it.

Most soundcards have an input......and Audacity is, as far as I know, still Freeware.

Wonder if they do an adaptor from RCA to Usb lol. Could be cheaper.

Sirius.

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
The USB *may* be to transfer data to and from ya pc?

It's how its done with final scratch anyhow...

Just a thought (I haven't looked at the link btw, so I may be wrong)

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
The link says it has LINE LEVEL RCA outputs, so you could put that straight into your soundcard, mixer, amp or whatever.

You can't plug a regular deck in your soundcard even if it has RCA inputs, unless you get a magic box to convert the PHONO signal to a LINE signal. But I guess the sound would go down the USB anyway and straight into your PC.

It's not just a case of amplifying the signal a bit, the whole EQ curve is altered too.