Unknown DJ @ Pimp, Picasso's Wolverhampton 1993 *HELP REQUIRED!*

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

henryvilla

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2010
Hi folks, I am hoping that someone can help me with this mix.

I ripped it from an original Pimp tape today, with just 'Pimp 93' printed on it, just like the tape in this pic from Brady's site:

pimp93.jpg

It was given to me in a box with a hand written tape insert, and 'Jeremy Healy - Pimp' on it.

I've listened to it and am convinced that this is not a Healy mix as it's too progressive sounding to me. I might be wrong, but tell me what you think. There's not enough bouncy vocals for it to be a Healy mix.

Sounds more like a Sasha, John Digweed or Ian Ossia mix, based on the tracks. The printed tape is the same as the ones from the Mixmag presents Pimp tape pack series, so I'm sort of expect it to be from one of those. The tracks on my mix are different to the 'Sasha, Mixmag presents Pimp tape' that Brady has listed on his website. It's not the Jeremy Healy @ Pimp, Picassos, Wolverhampton Oct 93 mix that Brady has listed either - that has a typically Healy style tracklist, which convinces me even more that this mix isn't him.

I'm really stuck and would appreciate some help! Many thanks in advance guys :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Here's the mix: Unknown DJ @ Pimp, Wolverhampton 1993.mp3

Enjoy... HV :thumbsup:

superwave

Oct 20, 2006
sweet

thanks henryvilla, i agree with pepper

Plus, I see that the flyer has graeme as the birthday DJ only. Did he play that night??

superwave

Oct 20, 2006
wow, i REALLY didnt understand what pepper was saying...

Still would like to know if sasha was scheduled or a special guest though?