Uninstall problem

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

ruffers

VIP Silver Member
Morning experts

I'm trying to uninstall Unreal Tournament 2004 off my pc as for some reason it's become a 5 gig+ drive space hogger, I'm not sure how a few bonus maps have got it so big but anyway I want to start again. However....

I went to start/programs/ut2004/uninstall, clicked, nothing happened. Did that more than once. So I tried add/remove programs. Nothing happened.

Any ideas? Should I just delete the folder and then run some kind of clean up?

cheers

Aug 10, 2005
Blackburn
Try clicking, Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add / Remove Programs and see if will uninstall from there....

Failing that,

Insert the original disk, if you have it lol :p , and run the setup file. You should have the option to unistall it from there. If you just simply delete it it will leave a load of keys in the registry etc etc :(

ruffers

VIP Silver Member
BlackburnRaver said:
Try clicking, Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add / Remove Programs and see if will uninstall from there....

Failing that,

Insert the original disk, if you have it lol :p , and run the setup file. You should have the option to unistall it from there. If you just simply delete it it will leave a load of keys in the registry etc etc :(

Tried it from control panel.

I do have the disk for which I paid real cash money! Will try that option if I can find it.

If I can't and just delete the folder then run a reg cleaner thingimajig should I be OK?

Str33tb0y

Sep 14, 2005
Hi,

What you could do, is delete the folder, and then use something like Crap Cleaner, to delete all of the registry settings left behind by UT2004, reboot and then re-install mate, should work fine. Failing that the only way to guarantee a clean install is to start with a clean PC ie a rebuild of windows.

By the way if any1 is interested im thinking of writing a how to rebuild my PC properly guide, as Im always getting asked how to do this at work, and there are things you can do, to make it easier in the future to rebuild your machine, partitioning drives etc , i do mine about every 2 months or so.:thumbsup:

ruffers

VIP Silver Member
Cheers all, will get busy tonight. I tend to install and uninstall a lot of rubbish, demos and that so am fairly good and run a regcleaner quite frequently (even though tbh I have no detailed idea of what it does, I just know it's a "good thing").

Idiot's guide sounds good :$

Aug 10, 2005
Blackburn
Str33tb0y said:
Hi,

What you could do, is delete the folder, and then use something like Crap Cleaner, to delete all of the registry settings left behind by UT2004, reboot and then re-install mate, should work fine. Failing that the only way to guarantee a clean install is to start with a clean PC ie a rebuild of windows.

By the way if any1 is interested im thinking of writing a how to rebuild my PC properly guide, as Im always getting asked how to do this at work, and there are things you can do, to make it easier in the future to rebuild your machine, partitioning drives etc , i do mine about every 2 months or so.:thumbsup:

If your PC is maintained properly you shouldn't need to rebuild it at all. If you do like rebuilding your PC frequently :confused: then your best bet is to rebuild it how you want it with all the drivers etc and then take a ghost image of it onto another drive or a dvd. It takes minutes to ghost the image onto the PC when you want to start a fresh again instead of re-installing windows etc ;)