Turntables

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

DJ Qual-e-T

Mar 28, 2002
St. Helens, Merseyside
Got me a Stanton STR8-80 the other day off E-bay, but was outbid at work for another.

So, I decided to look for some more.

Now I've picked up the better of the Stantons - STR8-100's, 2 of em in MINT condition !

Trouble is there over in Durham (Darlington) - It's way over the other side of the country ! (from St. Helens)

I've now got to try and blag work for an early finish tonight OR ask them for the day off (Friday).

But it will make me happy to get back into the game again !

:roll: :rotate: :roll: :rotate: :roll: :rotate: :roll: :rotate: :roll: :rotate: :roll: :rotate: :roll: :rotate: :roll: :rotate: :roll: :rotate: :roll: :rotate:

Trouble is, now I gotta ged rid of the STR8-80 (when it arrives today - still brand new in the box), and also me Deck which I used for sampling. It's only a Soundlab DLP32R, but I've only used it around 10 times for sampling bits into the computer !

Suppose LOOT or E-BAY will help me get rid!

DJ Qual-e-T

Mar 28, 2002
St. Helens, Merseyside
Re: Re: Turntables

johns_ar said:
easy in darlo mate, its full of gypsys!!!

also dunno which way u coming but theres mega mega roadworks at scotch corner so stay clear of there ;)

thanks for the info.

Where's 'scotch corner' - I'm coming from St. Helens (Junction 7 M62) goin down to manchester then up the A1 (I think).

On the phone he seems quite posh, and is going back to UNI in the morning, so I'm going over there after I finish work (around 7.30 ish if I can get away early !)

johns_ar

Feb 20, 2002
www.northeastclubchat.co.uk
scotch corner is the over the penines way, i was too sure where st helens was u see....

but u will be alright going the way u on about, once ur on the a1 just follow it mate youll end up at darlo ;)

if yer need directions once in darlo pm me mate

DJ Qual-e-T

Mar 28, 2002
St. Helens, Merseyside
Finally got there and picked them up at around 10.30pm last night.

It took around 3 hours to get there (came off at leeds and got lost looking for the A1 !

But on the way home It only took 1hr 45 mins.

The only trouble was they didn't come with headshells or cartridge/stylus.

Any Ideas on where I can get a good/cheap set, and am I right in thinking that with some cartridges, you can just slot em' into the Arm ?