Trip City

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

PepeLePew

Oct 27, 2005
Hyde
www.myspace.com
I've been trying to get hold of one of my prized losses from raving days.
Trip city(1989) a book by Trevor Miller with an accompanying cassette by A guy called Gerald which had some beautiful tracks on it.
Just to remind myself if the book was as good as I remember it being.
But found out that somebody is making it in to film TRIP CITY - SHOOTING - AUGUST 09
trip_city_poster.jpg

YouTube - A Guy Called Gerald - Trip City

Chuffed to bits :thumbsup:

Think this is a bit steep though
TREVOR MILLER TRIP CITY H/C A GUY CALLED GERALD TAPE - eBay (item 170428490765 end time Feb-04-10 09:46:39 PST)

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Wicked news Kev - cheers for sharing :love:

Never read that, but I do have the 12" Gerald put out with Trip City on it and a couple of other ace tracks too - will rip it for ya :thumbsup:

Can't wait for the film :cool:

siman91

Dec 28, 2002
Brisvegas
The 12 is a great piece of plastic, both tracks are very very strong and always get included if playing a laid back 88/89 set.

well worth picking up although quite rare as only released as a promo. The book itself fetches alot of money also although have not realy looked into it much.

s

PepeLePew

Oct 27, 2005
Hyde
www.myspace.com
Wicked news Kev - cheers for sharing :love:

Never read that, but I do have the 12" Gerald put out with Trip City on it and a couple of other ace tracks too - will rip it for ya :thumbsup:

Can't wait for the film :cool:

That would be :cool:
I have this in case you don't?
A Guy Called Gerald - FX (CD, Maxi) at Discogs

I can't see any details for the film on imdb yet, so I wouldn't hold your breath just yet :S

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Nice one Kev, be great to hear that.

I'd rip it but my tape deck needs a service, was trying to rip something recently and for some time only 1 of the 2 decks worked and now the 2nd deck is playing up - think it's the pinch roller as the speed is going wonky :|

siman91 had to remove that link as we don't allow copyright mp3's to be shared on here.

siman91

Dec 28, 2002
Brisvegas
Ill rip it with pleasure. Everything set up and ready to go

Sony K630ES tape deck
Pioneer DJM500 mixer
Soundblaster X treme Music card
Adobe Audition software.

PM me and let me know. Would need posting down.

S

Blue Jammer......was only a minutes extract from each track and not the full release......thought that might be ok?