trax box - 226 chicago tracks for £10.99 !!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

ivan

May 24, 2006
tap end of the bath
Home - Play.com (UK) - Free Delivery

226 tracks from the first 75 releases on trax records including b-sides. the box set is £42 at amazon and £36 at play.com

however, play.com have priced the digital download at £10.99. that's a fucking bargain in my book. i mentioned it to ian dewhirst (who is in control of the release) on djhistory and he said it's a mistake. so i'd get in quick if i were you. ;)

SCR101.5

Apr 19, 2003
Thanks Ivan. I know there are track lengths at the side, but can anybody verify whether these are full length mixes? It does look like it.
Just bought Virgo4 remastered last week & I think there are a few common tracks with the Terry Farley comp.

ivan

May 24, 2006
tap end of the bath
Home - Play.com (UK) - Free Delivery

226 tracks from the first 75 releases on trax records including b-sides. the box set is £42 at amazon and £36 at play.com

however, play.com have priced the digital download at £10.99. that's a fucking bargain in my book. i mentioned it to ian dewhirst (who is in control of the release) on djhistory and he said it's a mistake. so i'd get in quick if i were you. ;)

update - my d/l from play.com wouldn't d/l :cry:

contacted them and they said it'd be sorted out. received an email today saying i "must have received a bad link" for the d/l and they refunded me so i could order it again. turns out that £10 offer is not available anymore. what a surprise! someone made a mistake with the pricing and they're covering themselves.

i know brock landers got it at a tenner, so maybe i was unlucky to be away for 2 weeks and didn't get a chance to d/l on release day.

so...i've bought the box set now. the price fluctuates all over the place but i managed to snaffle one at £38. which is great because ian says the dealer price is £49. :thumbsup:

tilt

Mar 2, 2004
Germany
That is great. I hope more of the oldskool labels would do that kind of boxes. Particularly, I would love to have a Moving Shadow box with remastered versions of releases 1 -40 :)