travel agents ?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

simzzzz

anyone know any good online travel agents ?

want book NYC for Oct time.
i've had a look at the usual suspects, expedia, travelocity, ebookers, lastmin, skytravel. just wondering if you know of any others thats worth a look at ?

i looked on these web site about 3 weeks ago and seems the prices now have jumped up by around £80 ish . thinking maybe because kids broke up from school.??

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
the best online deal I got was using some firm called Hoppaway travel. I think thats what it was anyway, I kinda found them by accident :crazy:

on the online ones i sometimes try Opodo too

simzzzz

the best online deal I got was using some firm called Hoppaway travel. I think thats what it was anyway, I kinda found them by accident :crazy:

on the online ones i sometimes try Opodo too

hey Teeceee

i used opodo couple years ago, never again !!! :naughty:

went NYC ,booked a flight and hotel combo, and they forgot to book my hotel for me !!! was stuck in NYC with no accomadation, was suposed be in holiday inn on 57th st, luckily they had 1 room left, only to find when checked out they wanted £500 from me !!!:eek: they was so rude as well on phone. i have vowed never to book with them ever again

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
hey Teeceee

i used opodo couple years ago, never again !!! :naughty:

went NYC ,booked a flight and hotel combo, and they forgot to book my hotel for me !!! was stuck in NYC with no accomadation, was suposed be in holiday inn on 57th st, luckily they had 1 room left, only to find when checked out they wanted £500 from me !!!:eek: they was so rude as well on phone. i have vowed never to book with them ever again

'kin hell :| dont blame you. Forget I mentioned them then :D

tbh, Ive never actually booked a holiday with them (and probably never will now, lol) but they ae on of the ones I usually check the website of, just to see

Aren't Virgin meant to be good for transatlantic flights? Probbaly cost a bomb though :(

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Some good links there of sites I haven't heard of before;)

I usually look between travelsupermarket.com and a few other big sites, but i'll bookmark these too for next time:thumbsup: :)

Mesh

Feb 19, 2005
Liverpool Laaaaa
anyone know any good online travel agents ?

want book NYC for Oct time.
i've had a look at the usual suspects, expedia, travelocity, ebookers, lastmin, skytravel. just wondering if you know of any others thats worth a look at ?

i looked on these web site about 3 weeks ago and seems the prices now have jumped up by around £80 ish . thinking maybe because kids broke up from school.??

A mate of mine works for John Lewis and she always books hers through their recommended website City breaks, beach holidays and more from the John Lewis Partnership
I'm also booking NYC for the first time in Nov/Dec so if you do come across any good deals I'd appreciate a heads up, cheers:thumbsup:

nics

Oct 5, 2004
im like herpes....never quite fcuk hoff!!!
im after a weekend city break somewhere, well anywhere realy and its for my birthday in september....been looking around and its mega expensive!!!

wanted barcelona if poss but its coming up at ridiculous prices...........so id appreciate some of the tips on here too:thumbsup:

simzzzz

im after a weekend city break somewhere, well anywhere realy and its for my birthday in september....been looking around and its mega expensive!!!

wanted barcelona if poss but its coming up at ridiculous prices...........so id appreciate some of the tips on here too:thumbsup:

thing is nics with city breaks in europe at moment, the exchange rate with the euro is piss poor, so your going to end up spending a fortune once your over there.

nics

Oct 5, 2004
im like herpes....never quite fcuk hoff!!!
thing is nics with city breaks in europe at moment, the exchange rate with the euro is piss poor, so your going to end up spending a fortune once your over there.

im not paying ;)

i know the places we have looked at are realy expensive too....prague and barcelona were the 2 faves to go but these are extortionate at the mo.......could get a week or 2 away for the same price they want for 3 days:|

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
im not paying ;)

i know the places we have looked at are realy expensive too....prague and barcelona were the 2 faves to go but these are extortionate at the mo.......could get a week or 2 away for the same price they want for 3 days:|

bint, may I suggest Rome? :cool:
I've never been but its one of the 1st places I'd think of, and theres lots i'd like to see, bet it'd be mint :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
I really wanna do Amsterdam again this year and have a look at that record shop Bunkerz mentioned in a nearby town a short train ride from the city;) :cool:

Anyone else fancy it?;)