Top tune, random location

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

stee

Mar 10, 2004
soundcloud.com
What's the most random of places that you've heard a really top tune?

I was in the boozer near ours the other day, (I have moved to the countryside, and the boozer is a proper small village boozer, some proper wronguns I tell's ya....) and they had some background music on while people had the "pub lunch" and that. Anyways, after a few typically shite songs, I thought I was tripping as I thought I heard the intro to Orbital - Chime.
I asked the fella behind the bar to turn it up, and yep, indeed it was Orbital.....phones::thumbsup:

So mine is a proper rural boozer playing Orbital - Chime.

Anymore for anymore?

Silky

Feb 20, 2005
New Zealand
Doin my final practical exam for my Electricial Apprenticeship in Taunton, Me and a mate decided to go 2 a dingy bar where they had this Album playing

St. Germain - Tourist

Awesome Awesome Album, Shooms if ya looking mate rite up your street!!!!

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
I was in this family bar in Ottawa, that was part of this shopping mall thing, a few years back and Expose - What You Don't know was playing. The funny thing was I hadn't heard the song in years, since Monroe's 90-91 probably. I'd actually put the tune on here to be id'ed years ago as well, but no-one had and I still didn't know the name of it when I heard it in this bar. Anyway later on I was in Toronto record shopping and I came across the Expose tune in the 50c bargain bin, and I thought it was worth a punt as the words fitted the tune I'd heard in the bar - and lo and behold it turned out to be the tune.

Bizarre :condom:

dodgymix

What's the most random of places that you've heard a really top tune?

I was in the boozer near ours the other day, (I have moved to the countryside, and the boozer is a proper small village boozer, some proper wronguns I tell's ya....) and they had some background music on while people had the "pub lunch" and that. Anyways, after a few typically shite songs, I thought I was tripping as I thought I heard the intro to Orbital - Chime.
I asked the fella behind the bar to turn it up, and yep, indeed it was Orbital.....phones::thumbsup:

So mine is a proper rural boozer playing Orbital - Chime.

Anymore for anymore?

I'd gone backpacking round Europe in 2000 for 6 weeks and we were in Florence. We decided to camp at the top of this huge hill, we climbed this steep hill for about 40 mins and we were completelyu sdhagged as it must have been in the 90's and we walk past this farmhouse with a little old couple sat outside and "gat Decor "passion" was pounding out...WTF

STUART

Jul 27, 2002
Birmingham
sat eating breakfast in a travelodge type place in Milan early last year and the kitchen staff had local radio station on playing lots of random stuff and at next comes

Joy Salinas - rockin romance

now thats when you know your in Italy

;)

Wobblybob

Feb 22, 2007
Manchester
www.redrepublik.net
3 Years ago, i was in Minorca with the wife and lad, and we'd strolled down to our local cove for a spot of sunbathing. There was a bar/cafe carved into the rocks playing spanish radio..Never payed much attention to it until i heard Incognito's - Everyday pumpin out....

Sun, sand, San miguel and a proper summer tune......