Tootin' Rootin' Car Bootin'...Todays Finds.

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

djperkins

Sep 22, 2011
Not Manchester
..most were from a local chazzer thats slowly placing new stock on the shelf as I buy the old..lol..pickin it dry..not takin a punt on any late 90's tho..lots of it and it's all worth naffink.

ivan

May 24, 2006
tap end of the bath
not takin a punt on any late 90's tho..lots of it and it's all worth naffink.

i had a look at a guy's collection a few weeks back after a tip off from a mate. talked on the phone and he had "about a 1000, including 200 w/l italian records that i used to get from a shop in slough". talked about a price and agreed a time to call back.

called back at agreed time..."i've had a look on ebay and some of them are worth £20". told him that putting something on sale is one thing and getting a sale is another. against my better judgement went for a look anyway, cos it's only 10 mins up the road.

he had them in crates on the lounge floor. no more than 500 at best. had a flick through but it was all mid-late 90's guff. no italian w/l to be seen. at least a box full of 80's chart (ie. phil collins, kylie) 12"s as well. didn't ask about the 1000 or the w/l cos i didn't want an argument in strange surroundings. bloke had well and truly pissed me off.

told him i didn't want anything and he was shocked "what? nothing? there's some great stuff in there." i pulled out an xtravaganza (late 90's trance nonsense) sleeve and a mid 90's junior boy's own sleeve. "these are worthless mate, their time has been and gone. stick 'em all on ebay as a job lot. if you can get £20 for individual records i'd be very surprised."

...and just like that *pffft*...i was gone. :moonie:

edit: spoke to my mate, who also buys records but more of a rock/jazz/classical dealer, and he said there was 1000 when he saw them. so something obviously happened to them and the punter thought he could shift the shite on to me. no siree bob, was that happening.

djperkins

Sep 22, 2011
Not Manchester

siman91

Dec 28, 2002
Brisvegas
I'm still happily going through my JJ Frost collect so now new records for me (other than a crafty 20 from og's the other day). Im realy realy liking the JJ Frost collection, great conditions and great tracks from one of my raving days hero's.

http://www.discogs.com/Frequency-Kiss-The-Sky/release/77569 on Mayking records, true test pressing from the plant and one of my favourite Belgium nosebleed tracks! I would have loved this collection in its original state though as I've got the left overs which kicks the crap out of most bog standard collections.

S

Sam

Aug 11, 2008
My House
I'm still happily going through my JJ Frost collect so now new records for me (other than a crafty 20 from og's the other day). Im realy realy liking the JJ Frost collection, great conditions and great tracks from one of my raving days hero's.

Nice one... looking forward to hearing them on OSA radio :thumbsup:

djperkins

Sep 22, 2011
Not Manchester
Nice one... looking forward to hearing them on OSA radio :thumbsup:

yeah man..deffo lots of easy playing opps coming up, as summer rolls in and we hook up the RP vs OSA summertime mixoff...it would be great to have some slightly less intense sessions of rare and respected tunage, most of us in the shouty would relish the op to hear some choice cuts mate...

djperkins

Sep 22, 2011
Not Manchester
RE Frequency 9...The only entry on Discogs, although not bulletproof..Discogs says it's Mike Pickering
My entry..but need to find out the track names
http://www.discogs.com/release/4689403
...there is a very similar release (cat number is M6242 0n this and M6272 on mine)
http://www.discogs.com/T-Coy-I-Like-To-Listen-Catalonia/release/103502
Pickers joined the Deconstruction team quite early on but no solid info to be found by me yet..haha..tried Wiki.
..is an even more similar entry from 1988...and the main rack is deffo the one featured on the comp
http://www.discogs.com/Various-North-The-Sound-Of-The-Dance-Underground/release/45007
but the other 2 tracks are not on that comp..checked incase it was an lp sampler.

Last edited:

ivan

May 24, 2006
tap end of the bath
i'd be interested to hear this. love all that manchester house stuff from 88-89. :cool:

RE Frequency 9...The only entry on Discogs, although not bulletproof..Discogs says it's Mike Pickering

Frequency 9 was Mike Pickering and Graeme Park and, having looked on Discogs, it appears that Steve Gorton from Awesome 3 was a member as well. Ed

now you know why I wanna hear those unknown tracks. :)