Tim Lawrence Hacienda Sleeve Notes...

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Noel

May 12, 2003
Wolverhampton
From the Disotheque: Haçienda (Gut, 2006) compilation. Deffo worth a read, pretty sure there's stuff in there I've not heard before...

Tim Lawrence Liner notes

Also, The Acid: Can You Jack? sleeve notes are also essential reading on the birth of House & Acid (someone may have put a link up before when DJH featured them?).

Contrary to popular folklore that has conferred the status of "Godfather of House" upon Knuckles, it was Hardy who lay at the fulcrum of house music's earliest, wobbliest, most experimental and most exhilarating incarnation -- and it was Hardy who broke most of the records featured on this album. Knuckles kept dance music alive in the post-disco sucks era, inspired the term "house" via his selections at the Warehouse and went on to play a selection of house records that passed his scrupulous standards. But it was Hardy who was hungry for the new sounds of house, who accepted tapes over his booth, who played them with barely a listen, who encouraged novice producers to keep on producing and who established a consumer base for these fresh sounds. "I give Ron Hardy and his crowd credit," says Hatchett. "They invented house."

Those are the only two I've read so far but his site is bound to be full of excellent articles. :king:

Ed

Aug 1, 2002
London
Top that. Thanks for posting.

Love Saves the Day is a masterpiece. I'll stick my neck out and say the best book on Dance music ever written.