Those white promo return sheets

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

SCR101.5

Apr 19, 2003
Did anyone (& I don't mean djs who used to play out) use to fill in those feedback sheets you got with promos in your local vinyl shops ...
and more importantly did you get any free vinyl?

I never had the balls to do it, but suppose that there must have been some if not loads of people who managed to blag it.

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
I didn't, but then I had to pay for all my vinyl because I wasn't a DJ, so I didn't have to fill them in:)

SCR101.5

Apr 19, 2003
Jiglo said:
I didn't, but then I had to pay for all my vinyl because I wasn't a DJ, so I didn't have to fill them in:)

Yeah, I had to pay for all my vinyl. I meant, did you or anyone else ever try to fill one in ....pretending that you had a residency somewhere, for example?

chris17

Sep 15, 2005
leeds
SCR101.5 said:
Yeah, I had to pay for all my vinyl. I meant, did you or anyone else ever try to fill one in ....pretending that you had a residency somewhere, for example?
pretending to have a residency would of done no good i tried to get on a mailing list and at the time i was playing out once a month but you needed to be playing out a couple of times a week at least and have lots of proof so i never bothered to fill out the forms cause it i new it was pointless:(

silocybe

Jun 17, 2003
france
I blagged my way onto Vinyl Soloutions mailing list back in 91, by writing to them and givin them the obligatory blag...got a shed load of them , but i didnt send my comment sheet thing back to them one time and never recieved another vinyl thereafter..

lastnightadj

Jun 16, 2002
Bournemouth/Amsterdam
SCR101.5 said:

I know what you mean - but you would not have got a mailing list that way - they used to pass those sheets on to the label

Pre-PC most of the record mailing lists used to use sheets of A4 with all the address' on which whenever they came to do a mailoiut would be photocopied onto a a4 sheet with adhesive backing - cut up and then stuck on mailers