This is what the Internet's all about..

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Simon_R

Jun 6, 2007
Cambridge
Hey mate welcome to the best site on the net :wave:

You mention Ellis Dee & Slipmatt so i asume ya like ya Hardcore then ;) and with the likes of slipmatt thats the happy Hardcore flavour... However I on the other hand do spin hardcore from breakbeat to gabber and i'm planning on dropping a happycore set next Friday :thumbsup:

You're not wrong there, on either count. Been listening to some of Slipmatt's work - both on the tapes I've got and also online. Jeez that man knows what he's doing!! As far as I can tell the best recording that I have dates from 13th July 1993.

I think, on balance, that I prefer the darker sounding Ellis Dee recording though. I guess it's just before Happy hardcore came on the scene. It's quite clear that this is a man at the top of his game..... I think I'd ask for a large portion of that recording as one of my records on Desert Island Discs ;-)

Hi also to all the others who've said welcome - I've never known an on-line forum to be so enthusiastic and welcoming!!

I'm off to Le Mans tomorrow for the 24 hour endurance race and now have a good few CDs to enjoy on the 500 mile journey ;-)

When I'm back I shall get on over to tuneID.com - there are a few records that I'd really like to know more about....

Laters.

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Hey - thanks for all the welcomes you guys. What a great place this is!! .

Sure is the friendliest place on the whole interweb ;) youll find that out for yourself tho :thumbsup: :king:

I really appreciate the time and effort that has obviously been put in. I'll check out the links that you's suggested and I'm sure there'll be some 'identify this record' type posts soon, too! .

We have a sister site chuck for any tunes that need IDing ;) if you register there as well im sure the boys will be happy to oblige - tuneID.com

The flyer archive is superb - I've got a whole load tucked into my copy of The Prodigy Experience 12". We used to wander into Cambridge and pick them up at the weekends. I'll see if I've got any that aren't already online. .

Most greatful for any flyers you may wish to share chuck ;) give me a shout anytime ;)