The Rhumba Club - Scotland

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

seandelier

Dec 8, 2006
To celebrate the 21st anniversary of the mighty Rhumba Club there is to be One More Tune at the Ice Factory on 28th April 2012 (event in listings section). This is it, the last one ever (again). Myself and Rhumbateer have been working furiously over the last few months to get all the original tapes converted and hosted for all the fellow Rhumba goers to keep forever. All the existing original tapes from Waynes collection were brought back from India in shoe boxes and we have nearly finished the lot. There are mixes from early 1991 through to 1999. Some of these were never released and the quality is very good on most of them. At the moment there is around 160 with another 25 to 30 to come.

This is all about sharing so if you see anyone making money off these let me know as I know there are a lot of tossers who are at this sort of thing with other peoples work. Brady has also done a great job with the tracklists for many of these. Any dodgy links then let me know. Enjoy!!

FileFactory Folder View - Rhumba Mixes

Vive la Rhumba!

This is also my way to thank those who have uploaded so many mixes on here that I now have nestling on my PC.

jackdboy

Jul 30, 2006
Belfast
nice one Seanie :thumbsup:

heres a link to the tracklistings so far, let me know if you can name any of the blanks

Rhumba Tracklistings
1993.08.06 Rhumba - David Holmes.
1. ??? inst
gap
2. ??? inst
3. ??? chanting female / techno
4. ??? piano
5. ??? airy rising sounds (familiar)
6. ??? big tune (familiar)
7. Fortran 5 - Time To Dream (David Holmes Mix) "ow"
8. ??? techno inst/acidy
9. ??? acidy inst
10. ??? animal scream (familiar)
11. ??? acidy / goes higher and higher (familiar)

12. ??? acidy / male scat
13. ??? calipso
14. Slam - Positive Education [Soma]
15. Trance Induction - New Age Heartcore (Context Control ep) [Guerilla] big strings
16. ??? beat from horsepower / sounds like a mix of smokebelch
17. ??? sounds like fluke
18. Robert Armani - Circus Bells
19. Sourmash - Pilgrimage To Paradise (stuttery female vocals)
20. ??? male scat
21. ??? acidy
track at 21 mins
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmImy69lzEs]Country & Western - Reincarnation (1993) - YouTube[/ame]

henryvilla

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2010
This is an UNBELIEVABLE post!!!!

Thank you SOOO much for all your hard work ripping all these amazing sets - it's fully appreciated.

I never got to go to Rhumba, but always admired it from afar, having heard about it and the TOP quality DJs that spun tunes there.

Thanks very much again. Huge respect :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Last edited:

greggyb

Feb 10, 2007
Awesome post fella:hubba: some nice Kelvin Andrews on there,been after some of his stuff for yonks...
Found a belter on one of his mixes that used to go down a storm at Golden..

Cheers again..:thumbsup:

superwave

Oct 20, 2006
four more at the end of Digweed Sasha june 17th

54. F Machine - Lost In America (Floor Federation Club Mix)
55. ID female "Keep it warm, the whole world"
56. ID familiar
57. ID

:condom:

Last edited: