the contender

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

DeeDee

May 13, 2002
Over the hill in St Helens
excellent show, gutted that peter didnt win though. shame about that bloke najai( i think that was his name) killing himself though. And the most annoying contender..... ishe, what a knob!!!
oh and in answer to your question..... jesse by far ;)

DeeDee said:
excellent show, gutted that peter didnt win though. shame about that bloke najai( i think that was his name) killing himself though. And the most annoying contender..... ishe, what a knob!!!
oh and in answer to your question..... jesse by far ;)

Don't think i've ever watched a program an got so much into it straight away. I absolutely loved the contender. By far one of the best ideas on tv in a long time imo.

jus gutted peter didn't win like you deedee. He did really well.

Overall i wanted jesse to win though jus cause of his heroics agaisnt anthony. Did well good vs him.

Roll on a rematch between the latin snake an peter. Hopefully peter won't push him agaisnt the ropes all fight then too.

Anyone know if a contender 2 is in the pipeline????

Sprewell

Oct 25, 2003
Madchester
I also love the contender. What a program.

My 1st fave was alfonso for his heroics in the 1st episode.
My other 2 favourites were peter and jesse.

I hated sergio tho. I hated the way he acted in the ring, suppose thats boxing tho. Snake by name snake by nature

DeeDee

May 13, 2002
Over the hill in St Helens
id like to see alfonso try to take it from sergio, even though he's fighting above his weight i think he'd give him a good beating!!

also gutted that the fight between peter and sergio was toe to toe all the time, i think the ref should have split em up more.

im hoping theres a second one, at the mo theres one on bravo, much the same concept but its UFC (ultimate fighting, you know the one no holds barred, everything thrown in boxing, wrestling, martial arts) the blokes are all living together as in the contender but from what ive seen, much more explosive loads of arguments and fights and peeps stealing other peeps stuff etc... funny as!! ill have to start watching this one proper now!!

DeeDee said:
im hoping theres a second one, at the mo theres one on bravo, much the same concept but its UFC (ultimate fighting, you know the one no holds barred, everything thrown in boxing, wrestling, martial arts) the blokes are all living together as in the contender but from what ive seen, much more explosive loads of arguments and fights and peeps stealing other peeps stuff etc... funny as!! ill have to start watching this one proper now!!

damn this freeview. We don't get bravo. Bet thats ace too. :(

As for a rematch, the way sugar an sly were talkin they are def into the idea so with their backing it'll prob happen. Hopefully they'll do it as a 12 rounder too. Think it's be ace seeing how they lasted over 12 rounds. Would be alot more technical an i doubt they'd be as careless as what they sometimes are in the first few rounds of these 5/7 rounders.