The big switch on!

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

tall paul

Sep 19, 2001
Liverpool
Well peeps - I bet you all wish you lived in Formby, 'cos we've just had none other than :drum: John Parrot
switching on our Xmas lights... There must have been a full 60 odd people screaming for more in the village centre (all of them over 90).

Joker Jen

VIP Gold Member
Oct 8, 2001
Secret Location in Gotham City
Well at least u have sum1 2 switch ur town's lights on, cos in my town they jus appear with no sort of fan fare at all :( :( :( :( :( :( :( U'd have thought that a brewery town wud have sum sort of pull even if it's free ale 4 the nite!!!

tall paul said:
Well peeps - I bet you all wish you lived in Formby, 'cos we've just had none other than :drum: John Parrot
switching on our Xmas lights... There must have been a full 60 odd people screaming for more in the village centre (all of them over 90).

Do you live in Formby fella?

I'm over there on Monday fencing in a tournament at the community centre! I'll make sure I check out the Christmas lights when I'm there! :D

nowthen

Nov 6, 2002
Stockport
tall paul said:

Alright Fella.
Formby thats near Southport init. I used 2 visit some pals round there back in the day.
Trevor a blonde haired kid that lived near the airstrip in Formby.
And Alex from Southport wiv dreads. And the girls Sue, Stacy, Mandy. D'ya know any of 'em?
They'd all be around 29/30 now.
Inabit.
Nowthen.
:ba:

tall paul

Sep 19, 2001
Liverpool
Re: Re: The big switch on!

nowthen said:
Alright Fella.
Formby thats near Southport init. I used 2 visit some pals round there back in the day.
Trevor a blonde haired kid that lived near the airstrip in Formby.
And Alex from Southport wiv dreads. And the girls Sue, Stacy, Mandy. D'ya know any of 'em?
They'd all be around 29/30 now.
Inabit.
Nowthen.
:ba:

Don't ring any bells , although 29/30 would put them in the year below me in school so chances are I would know them - espicially if they were clubbers, Formby isn't a very big place.

Tigger - If you still want a go of the motor then give us a buzz on Monday when you're over & I'll come & meet u.

Re: Re: Re: The big switch on!

tall paul said:
Tigger - If you still want a go of the motor then give us a buzz on Monday when you're over & I'll come & meet u.

Oh hell yeah!!! :D :D :D :D :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I've no idea what time the tournament finishes but if it's a reasonable time I'll give you a shout. Nice one fella! (and timed so well with me getting my license back tommorow!)

zonecrew

Sep 1, 2001
Workington
Some bird that used to be off Eastenders for us, Beppes younger fit sister:eek: :p

Then we are to be entertained by a Nelly Furtado impressionist off Stars in their eyes.....:S

pacman

Nov 11, 2001
Manchester
We've got a lobsided Christmas tree, a few (FEW) lights and these were put up by no other than.....WORKMEN!!!

Wahoooo, no expense spared here peeps.

glazzy

Jan 4, 2002
pacman said:
We've got a lobsided Christmas tree, a few (FEW) lights and these were put up by no other than.....WORKMEN!!!

Wahoooo, no expense spared here peeps.

Gotta be better than ours m8

our lights were switched on by 2 d*ks dressed in rugrat outfits...£80 000 apparently spent on new lights:S yeah right!!

jayne x

pacman

Nov 11, 2001
Manchester
glazzy said:
our lights were switched on by 2 d*ks dressed in rugrat outfits...jayne x

OH NO! !

The only excuse for donning that sort of outfit is to either be psychotic or high as a kite. Any other reason and youve blown it.

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
I think that (ex)fireman off big brother turned ours on!. I think it was Fred Elliot off Corrie last year - or am i thinking of that Pie Contest we had :crazy: :crazy: .

Not that I ever go into town - its a right shitehole full of cretins and cheapo shops which sell (or is it dont sell! lol) crap like plastic bucket and spades even though theres no sea front for over 50 miles, coat hangers and 1001 useless bits of tat you wouldnt wipe your arse on.

Sirius.

pacman

Nov 11, 2001
Manchester
sirius said:
I think that (ex)fireman off big brother turned ours on!. I think it was Fred Elliot off Corrie last year - or am i thinking of that Pie Contest we had :crazy: :crazy: .

Not that I ever go into town - its a right shitehole full of cretins and cheapo shops which sell (or is it dont sell! lol) crap like plastic bucket and spades even though theres no sea front for over 50 miles, coat hangers and 1001 useless bits of tat you wouldnt wipe your arse on.

Sirius.

Whereabouts are ya Sirius mate?? Burnley area is it??

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
That would be tellin!!!!. Somewhere between Accrington and Skipton............dont come anywhere round here expecting owt exciting, for fek sake, its as dull as ditchwater. Theres nothing at all of interest to the under 40's......lol. Unless you like your clothes from Greenwoods/Thrifty and cant get enough plastic tat in your life!. I bet you can buy the same cruddy item in more than 10 'different' shops lol. ZZZZzzzzzzzz. I think there opening a 'poundland' and a 'wilkinsons' next year - Like we fekking need more!!!!!!!!!!

See ya

Sirius.

tj69

Sep 25, 2002
stockport
hey ste you never let on dem cheeky girls were lighting up our good town of stockport....lol!

got ya discs m8 touchin the nerve as norm!!!!!
nice one fella.
got out planed for the sk area over xmas?

pacman

Nov 11, 2001
Manchester
sirius said:
That would be tellin!!!!. Somewhere between Accrington and Skipton............dont come anywhere round here expecting owt exciting, for fek sake, its as dull as ditchwater. Theres nothing at all of interest to the under 40's......lol. Unless you like your clothes from Greenwoods/Thrifty and cant get enough plastic tat in your life!. I bet you can buy the same cruddy item in more than 10 'different' shops lol. ZZZZzzzzzzzz. I think there opening a 'poundland' and a 'wilkinsons' next year - Like we fekking need more!!!!!!!!!!

See ya

Sirius.

I know a guy from Clitheroe who now lives in Sawley - You aint wrong about sod all happenin' round there are ya chief.