The best time of old skool?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Adam B

Jan 6, 2007
Manchester
Every old skool dj should have a collection ranging from bout 89 to bout 96 but the question is wot year is your best. So i thought it'd be a good idea to vote the year you thought wos the best. For me its the 92 italian choons hands hands down but wot does everyone else think.

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
Electronic Music = Early Electro & Electro Hip Hop 1983 {German Style Electro Techno} cough cough and 1991-1993 Hardcore,was not really into House in the late Eighties it sounded to me like Electronic music went backwards :D so moved on to Metal which was the best thing i did,then Bam Hardcore came out and gave Electronic music a kick up it's ass! and look at Electronic music now because of Hardcore :D

So i can't pick a year but 3 era's i really enjoyed and would love to get in a time machine and do it all again and probaly get back in it and do it again!

Last edited:

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
Come on don't be shy love to hear what you guys and girls love! of your music upbringing! come on well i bloody do anyway!

Last edited:

estuary_english

Jan 10, 2007
it's gotta be 91-94. the way all kinds of house/prog/hardcore/etc throughout those years was amazing......or maybe that's just how I remember it!

pedros

Feb 6, 2007
i love the proggression from the late 80's into the early 90', 1991/1992 is in my opinion the pinicle. Goin into 1993/94 their started to become to much of a split in the scene.
there was not enough clubs or dj's playing the full range of tunes out their. too many dj's playin it safe with the same kind of music and all at the same tempo, got a bit dull, then enter happy hardcore :naughty:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Every old skool dj should have a collection ranging from bout 89 to bout 96 but the question is wot year is your best. So i thought it'd be a good idea to vote the year you thought wos the best. For me its the 92 italian choons hands hands down but wot does everyone else think.

What about earlier too?:thumbsup:

Tracks like ..

Sterling Void - It's Alright (87)
Joe Smooth - Promised Land (87)
Jamie Principle - Your Love (86)
Nitro Deluxe - Let's Get Brutal (86)
Fast Eddie - Can U Dance (87)
The Night Writers - Let The Music Use You (87)

To name but a few:cool: