The best Chicago house track?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Unit 7

May 26, 2023
Manchester
Well......... I was out in town (Manchester) recently with my kids celebrating my 53rd birthday. We went to this cool place in the NQ, and were having a bit off a dance. My subconscious mind grabbed hold of me when this came on:
Its time to feel the rhythm by How II House
Rewind to the Sett End in Blackburn in the late 80's, when lots of us were Acid House curious (due to shock stories in the tabloids), I was meant to meet some friends their, but the crowds were insane. This was the first song that engaged my mind into electronic music.
Its funny that you never forget anything - you say you do, but your subconscious mind captures all I'm afraid.
So........ It got me thinking, what is the best Chicago house track?
Obviously you can look at the Trax records back catalogue, or Todd Terry (Royal House), Farley Jackmaster, or 2 hype.
I'm putting it out there.......what is your favorite Chicago house track?

Reactions: Firthsta 2.0

Firthsta 2.0

Jun 9, 2023
FJMF - Love can't turn around was the first house track I heard when I was 13, however it's really difficult to pick out a favourite.

Unit 7

May 26, 2023
Manchester
Cool tune for sure. Go onto YouTube and search for Farley Jackmaster Funk WGCI - there's loads and loads of editions of his 1996/97/98 Chicago radio slot. Its probably the best Chicago house around, here is one I prepared earlier(!)
I'm just so glad that YouTube has given us the amazing ability to find stuff effortlessly.

Reactions: Firthsta 2.0