Technics gold a good investment ???

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Rich-M

Mar 7, 2013
Camblesforth
Hi All

Looking into getting some technics gold ltd edition turntables as an investment for the future as they seem to be getting rarer and rarer.

Got chance of a pair with a technics gold championship mixer in great condition.

will they go up in price over the coming years. Ive got my 1210's for normal use so these wont really get used much.

not sure what to do as ive always wanted 1200's and can get a pair of those much much cheaper.

Advise please :confused::fekked::confused:

Cheers
Rich

djperkins

Sep 22, 2011
Not Manchester
I remember buying a German deck..Linndt?? or sumthing like that..it was 10 years old when I bought it, the tone arm floated on a bed of hydraulic fluid..was well over £2k when new..I bought it for £50 with a spare stylus and amp...so I reckon, no..nothing electronic that's made by the zillions will ever be an investment opp, regardless of colour or ltd edition stamps...it's just a deck and if anything, it's the OG silver models that are the most desirable...just a personal thing, but it's like having too much money and wasting a wad on a private reg plate.

siman91

Dec 28, 2002
Brisvegas
If youve got the money laying around and dont mind it being tied up for years then fine otherwise I would invest in a good pair or 1200's which youve always wanted and have fun with them. Ultimately Technics are tools and are there to be used, I love my 89 and 93 decks however they are looking their age but are well serviced and sound/work great

The limited editions are nice and in fact the Mk4 model is what I would go for however extremely rare and designed for the high end audiophile.

S

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a DMC winners gold turntables, but otherwise they don't really appeal to me.

I love the classic design of the standard 1200/1210's and the gold decks are a bit too showy and perhaps ostentatious. Like something you'd expect Paris Hilton would be using, if she could mix (I have no idea if she can or can't).