Technics Decks

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

djbri

Sep 24, 2005
the platter worn into the spindle....u know with cueing, scratching etc...no hard feelings tho....i prob jumped down ur throat b4 i read da whole post...:$

butty

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 15, 2001
Manchester
www.oldskoolanthems.com
djbri said:
mmmmmm theres a knob in every corner ..i am normaly very quiet and keep me self to me sellf ,spin me '91 tunes 2 me- self,,,very rare make tapes.. only for special mates.....,only played live about 7 times but so fuk .....every gig i done i was asked to do ...by the promoter...didnt plague pubs n clubs like some...thought i'd give this site a bit 'o knowlege to a person about to spend a big bundle 'o money and wonna to spend it right.....
jigalo or what ever ur called r u a technichen for technics....or r u a 12 year old w*&ker
if people on this site think he's funny i will cease to post....
.....very disapointed.....djbri....ps it some times takes a year to brake em in....seen as how it took a non DJ to post this artickle....fucking amazing...i've spun for as long as i remeber ....one of my first gigs i attended was...808-state with K-Klass supporting em in Newcastlein 1990 and this cunts telling me.........:mad: ......808 give me the inspiration ...pss new decks need worked in ...not knob-heads talking about em.......lol as much as u likejigalo...how do u know every club uses technics,,,when arf of Londons clubs ar sponsored by VESTEX....U R A KNOB WHO TALKS ALOT AN KNOWS JACKKKKKK.....bye
djbri personal attacks and beef like this aint welcome on this forum so please dont dish it out. were vegetarians round here we dont do beef :D

:redneck:

siman91

Dec 28, 2002
Brisvegas
had my technics 1200's for over 10 years, one pair cost me £150 from a guy in crawley with lids etc and are still the main set i use today. are marked as 1994 models and bought them in 95. been serviced once once although cable connections replaced due to dry solder joints.

2nd set little more interesting, early models eg prior to 1998 used to have an adaptor on the plug or had the plug replaced by the shop as they were produced for the european market only and therefore ran with 220v on 2 pin plugs. set i have got is one of 5 pairs released in uk in 1995 with technics uk spec plugs and adjustments to motors etc. when bought my friend (being bit of a hifi techi) insisted on these and a 3 year guarantee from sevenoaks hifi. cost him £900, cost me 12 months on £400

boxes they came in are marked for use in the uk etc etc.

only test with technics is they run in time, arm is tight, cables are not brittle and platter not damaged eg magnets not chipped etc. Otherwise check the asthetics and play away.

si

Just wish I hadnt sold my original 1983 Technics decks.
Heres my pitch :- SL1200 silver originals have the best components, resistors etc all components have tollerances on them, when Technics started making 1200 these were very tight so you got the best later on these were relaxed as the sales increased.Especially in the import black 1210 with the european plug on it:p .
Ive always used Stanton and found them skip free people went down the ortofon route but why change when something is perfect anyway

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
This is how I keep mine skip free! I've turned around the counterbalance weight thingy and taken the end weight off. Probably not the best way to prolong record life though!

Attachments

• skip free.JPG
    skip free.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 69
No thats exactly what you shoud do :thumbsup: taping a 1p on the stylus head was also the norm

Hey have you ever tried turning the stylus through 180 deg and propping the record up so you can play it from underneath??? putting the weight right back sounds mad backwards used to do that back in the day!!

Last edited:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
I tried the penny at first, but it felt too heavy and made a right mess of the cartridge so a mate mentioned turning the counterbalance around and the rest was history:thumbsup:

Haha, never heard that one before though turning the cart upside down to play revords backwards! I'll have to try that on my 2 Unlimited records:$ :D

djbri

Sep 24, 2005
look at my posts on tuneid butty i am by no means a bad twat .....one post took me over the edge of what im going through.............d.i v.o.r.....etc i wont post for the forth coming times ....peace....