Sy-Kick -Nasty

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

tilt

Mar 2, 2004
Germany
Does anyone know what mix they used for the video. Is that the Original or the Remix. Love that one so much; one of the best video I've ever seen. Been after this tune for 12 year and haven't found it anywhere. It was the summerhit in 1992 together with tunes like Papua New Guinea, Don't You Want Me or Some Justice. Have this one only on video. This can't be the only relese of it:

http://www.discogs.com/release/154195

Because they can't make a video, if it won't be release on any label.

S

ste_walker_zyx

You can buy it on vinyl at Slammin Vinyl

Not sure if it's the one from the video you have seen :confused:

"United Dance presents The Anthems 92-97"

3 piece DJ friendly vinyl
18 Classics from 1992 - '97
TRIPLE VINYL
TRACK LISTING

1) Nasty (Remix) - Sy Kick
2) On a Ragga Tip - SL2
3) Some Justice - Urban Shakedown
4) Music takes You (Remix) - Blame
5) The Slammer - Krome & Time
6) SMD #1 - SMD
7) Music’s so Wonderful - Vibes & Wishdokta
8) Renagade Snares (Remix) - Omni Trio
9) The Sound of Music (Remix) - Nookie
10) Breakin’ Free - Slipmatt
11) Crowd Control - Ramos & Supreme
12) Party Time - Dougal & Eruption
13) Let The Music - Eruption
14) Sunshine (97 Remix) - Slipmatt & Eruption
15) Heart of Gold - Force & Styles
16) SMD #3 - SMD

£14.99 + P&P

You were also asking about Sweet Harmony - Liquid

You can buy it for £5.99 + P&P at Simply 12

Or on CD from my Website :

www.ste.walker.freeuk.com

In the "Piano Please" section.

Laterz Ste.

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
Wot u on about? lol.

What video are you meaning bud? Was there a Sy-Kick video? That would be good.

Dont forget, (well as far as I know) there is no original to Nasty Remix as "Nasty Remix" is the title of the track and not a remix per say. There was a remix of Nasty Remix, if you follow, lol, by Terrorize - which is typically terrorize like in places so youd spot it a mile off.

I think you are after the 'Nasty Remix' - which is the original mix :). That goes "Dip bow du diddly bow pow, Dip bow du diddly bow pow....WHAAARRRK Its had a remix!" at the start.

Cheerio

Sirius

Mike

Jun 21, 2002
sirius said:
Dont forget, (well as far as I know) there is no original to Nasty Remix as "Nasty Remix" is the title of the track and not a remix per say. There was a remix of Nasty Remix, if you follow, lol, by Terrorize - which is typically terrorize like in places so youd spot it a mile off.

I think you are after the 'Nasty Remix' - which is the original mix :). That goes "Dip bow du diddly bow pow, Dip bow du diddly bow pow....WHAAARRRK Its had a remix!" at the start.

There is actually an original version of Nasty, it came out on Tam Tam recs (I think anyway - I'll go check)

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
Hey, cheers Mike :thumbsup:

Ive never heard that version - whats it like? I love my Sykick me. :)

Cheers

Sirius.

Mike

Jun 21, 2002
It's a wicked tune, havent heard it til recently when someone sent me an mp3, if you have msn i could chuck it across if you want

GRIMMY

Aug 19, 2002
Manchester
get-me.to
I've seen the video, bunch of lads with Nike Air trainers on stompin around in a record shop. Its the Nasty Remix mate.

The one that baffled me was the video of SL2's On A Ragga Tip which is a totally different mix than the popular one which everybody loves.

Mike

Jun 21, 2002
GRIMMY said:
The one that baffled me was the video of SL2's On A Ragga Tip which is a totally different mix than the popular one which everybody loves.

I thought there was only one mix of On a Ragga Tip (apart from the dodgy happy hardcore version that came out in 1997)?? I've got the XL Recordings video compilation and it's the normal chart version of the tune on the video on there!

GRIMMY

Aug 19, 2002
Manchester
get-me.to
Mike said:
I thought there was only one mix of On a Ragga Tip (apart from the dodgy happy hardcore version that came out in 1997)?? I've got the XL Recordings video compilation and it's the normal chart version of the tune on the video on there!

Must have been the 97 version then bud. It was on a 4/4 beat so must have been

grad

Jul 18, 2001
milfland
stores.ebay.co.uk
Mike said:
Just checked - it was on Tam Tam and the track was named Nasty Rhythm...

who's the artist? sounds good that...

tilt, the nasty remix is also on hamster records, there's at least 1 a week on ebay so you should be able to pick up a copy as long as you're willing to pay..

Mike

Jun 21, 2002
Artist name was Sy Kick

Tam Tam recs - TTT056

Track names - Nasty Rhythm / Believe In Me / E Motion / Sign from God

:thumbsup:

tilt

Mar 2, 2004
Germany
ilovepiano said:
You can hear the original here

Sy Kick

Tahx 4 the replies. It isn't the Original I'm after. I think it must be the remix, but Original sounds cool,too. The Remix has this vocals innit???: 'I want say hold, Rhythm to Rhythm I've got to set my mind freeeeeeee'.
The video I've seen of it isn't in a recordstore, it's in a club. It has sequencys outside where a car drives over a bridge and a man dances before a car. There are people in the video, who wear a really cool Sy-Kick-jacket. It must be the remix??????

Mike

Jun 21, 2002
Definitely sounds like the remix you're after to me!! Used to have it but I ebayed it before xmas. Hamster records - red & white sleeve.

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
tilt said:
'I want say hold, Rhythm to Rhythm I've got to set my mind freeeeeeee'.

Not sure that's exactly what it says, ;) but it's something like that! Yeah that's off Nasty Remix.

Actually does anyone know the right words?