Stress

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
Apart from a strong dose of valium (which the docs are reluctant to give) anyone know of a cure to turn your mind off?

Short of a mallett, hundreds of herbal tablets and my good old friend alcohol....which turns out is actually the worst thing to take if suffering from anxiety, is there anything else out there that can help?

Unfortunately work pays the bills and work seems to be the culprit so can't eradicate it out of my life so wondered if there were any suggestions to mitigate the headaches and edginess?

On a happy note i'm getting well oiled tonight :p ;) sod the hangover tomorrow!

BOD

Staff member
VIP Silver Member
Sep 4, 2007
over there
The best thing unfortunately is a long stint of work to recharge and get yourself back together mate. If you have an understanding boss and a company that pays the wages while your off then get to the docs, tell them the pressure you have been under as i know you work yourself into the ground and get some well deserved rest :) Dont bother with the pills they give you just get some rest and you will find that within a few weeks you will feel much better, i got around 6 weeks off, was much better after about 3 and was ready to go back to work :)

stetheboro

Jul 21, 2001
Louisiana formerly Middlesbrough
I find that there is no real cure barring time :( Its a long haul but always seems to sort itself out in the long run.

I will say that medication aint the best thing after my short and painfully horrid time on Prozac I can honestly say never again will I turn to that.

nupski

Nov 2, 2007
Sheffield
a nice messy nite at legends next week lol. dunno what to say apart from to point out that it only a job at the end of the day, i know it pays the bills but there comes a point where it ent worth it any more, far more important that ur enjoying ur life m8 ;)

anyway u got my number, please use it if u need to, see u next week and i'll try n make sure we all have a top laff :D

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Sorry to hear that Anne:(

I'm no expert so no advice to give you mate, but hope you find the cure :ANYWORD:

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
This happened to me last yr when i was working for the CSA. Depressed, miserable, drinking far too much, not sleeping, anxiety, little in the way of get up and go at all!

Went to the doctors, didnt accept any pills as they aint gonna help so got myself signed off for 5 wks!

Only trouble is, after the 5 wks i felt back to square one, so fought tooth and nail to get the hell out! Thats the only thing that helped me - getting out!

Not too bad if the work issue is temp and it is surpassable but i knew the job i was in was never going to get any better so decided that was it! :mad:

elvisontour

Jan 9, 2004
IN A HOUSE
Nice one Northern Star..

I liked that story I think if you don't like it best to just move onto somit more good Life is deffo to short. I would never go back to 12 hr hell days or nights. I mean If ya not on a good wage why kill yaself.:thumbsup:

S-J

Staff member
VIP Gold Member
My advice.... Get on the dance floor..... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hit it straight and hit it hard.... It takes all my peck away in fell swoop!!!

Fcuk off all this medicine dog shite and get some non chemical adrenline pumping round your body!!! Its the most amazing feeling ever and will I promise help you no end.... it will help your anxiety and help you sleep properly!!!

If you want advice on where and what classes to go to then I'd be only too happy to advise.... I live my whole entire life on the dance floor and without it, well I'd be a grim B**tard!!! :D :D :D

S-J x :love:

a nice messy nite at legends next week lol. dunno what to say apart from to point out that it only a job at the end of the day, i know it pays the bills but there comes a point where it ent worth it any more, far more important that ur enjoying ur life m8 ;)

anyway u got my number, please use it if u need to, see u next week and i'll try n make sure we all have a top laff :D

Aw cheers hun and thx for the PM. Its about time I had a good night out again, not been clubbing for a while and not seen you guys in ages so will be a good weekend......I've got Monday off too yippeeeeeeeeeeee :D :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone else for your advice and lovely notes, my boss came back from holiday today so today hasn't been too bad.

First thing I think I need to do is stop smoking....I read on the internet cigarettes stop oxygen getting to the brain so make hangovers worse. Next thing is to stop drinking to prevent hangovers in the first place :p

Still haven't figured out the sleeping thing yet but have seen some top tablet recommendations in the lists :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

xxx

wayne

VIP Silver Member
Mar 3, 2004
Timperley
Work is sadly one of the biggest causes of stress

They say money makes the world go round but it's nonsense really

Like the other peeps have said if your not happy tell your boss about it and think what part of the job it is that's getting you down

If that does not help maybe it's time for a change

It may seem daunting now but long term it will be for the best x