Storm in a tea cup?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

U31

Dec 18, 2007
Kiss me brown eye
Listening to rock fm this morning on the commute, and the guys on there were going on about a mate who was asked by gig security to remove or turn inside out his tee shirt as it was deemed offensive...

WTF?
a1341_bm.gif

Funny Tshirt Shop

I'd class that as a serious sense of humour failure, or what?

D

Deleted member 6141

Listening to rock fm this morning on the commute, and the guys on there were going on about a mate who was asked by gig security to remove or turn inside out his tee shirt as it was deemed offensive...

WTF?
a1341_bm.gif

Funny Tshirt Shop

I'd class that as a serious sense of humour failure, or what?
i'm right with you total s.o.h fail. lot of it going round these days. folk are too quick to take offence on others behalf :naughty:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Clearly light hearted in it's intent, but it should be turned inside out because of it's seriously shite design;)

U31

Dec 18, 2007
Kiss me brown eye
Granted, but offensive? Come on, i've been racking my brains all morning trying to figure out how?
It mentions Hitler? is that offensive?
EErr ok we just ignore his existence and the horror will go away?

I'm sorry, what was done in his name should not be glossed over, but taught in all schools, so we dont make the same mistakes ever again.

But all this bollocks whingeing about Prince Harry in fancy dress, Max Mosley getting his arse whipped by Prossies wearing Hugo Boss?
I'm sorry, but genocidal mass murderer or not, its fucking funny.

And making him a figure of satire will keep what he did public knowledge for future generations

But that Tee? Neither funny or offensive as far as im concerned.
But i would wear it in the full knowledge it would offend some small minded tosser

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
If it was to see the Israeli Philharmonic Orchestra, or a bar mitzvah, it probably would be offensive, but to a rock gig or whatever, it's no big deal to most people

U31

Dec 18, 2007
Kiss me brown eye
I think J F Kennedy declaring to the whole of Germany that he is a donut was far funnier :eyebrow:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH6nQhss4Yc]Kennedy - I am a Berliner - Ich Bin Ein Berliner - YouTube[/ame]

Funny how the missplaced "Ein" changes the whole context :mad:

D

Deleted member 6141

more of an accent or "twang" issue but i piss at the george dubya "im proud to be a merkin" speech. cant find a vid tho :mad:

U31

Dec 18, 2007
Kiss me brown eye
Kennedy?
Ich bin Berliner: I am a Berliner, ie from Berlin, i'm with you residents of Berlin

Ich bin eine Berliner: I am a cream cake, a cream cake like a donut that's called a Berliner

Nuances

nupski

Nov 2, 2007
Sheffield
Kennedy?
Ich bin Berliner: I am a Berliner, ie from Berlin, i'm with you residents of Berlin

Ich bin eine Berliner: I am a cream cake, a cream cake like a donut that's called a Berliner

Nuances

germans would never say "ich bin ein berliner" because as you rightly say a berliner is in fact a donut lol. equally they would never say " ich bin ein frankfurter" or "hamburger" (why do all their city names have to be associated with junk food lol), or anywhere else.

what they would actually say is "ich komme aus berlin" i.e. "i come from berlin", which clearly would not be true in kennedy's case.

a bit of a fook up all round really ;)