Steve Proctor - Live 1994

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Alf

Feb 22, 2006
Copied from the original but could be better quality, need to invest in something else to copy tapes.

Attachments

• IMG_20210513_0001.jpg
    IMG_20210513_0001.jpg
    344.2 KB · Views: 50

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
Copied from the original but could be better quality, need to invest in something else to copy tapes.

Thanks for this Alf (y)

What tape deck are you using to rip from? and also what sofware are you using to record?

I've opened the file in adobe audtion and I can see that the set is peaking out, its in the red all the way, making it sound distorted, try lowering your input recording levels, I would try that before getting a new machine.

I normally have my recording input set to 50% but sometimes lower if the tape already has a high recording level, but also bare in mind some tapes are already recorded to high or just bad recordings, despite them being original tapes....

Its better to record a bit lower imo, then increase the volume, because once its recorded to high & the distortion is there, it really cant be removed without affecting the rest of the sounds.

Hope this helps you out Alf , if I've told you something you already know then I do apologise (y)

Last edited:

Alf

Feb 22, 2006
Cheers for the reply.

Just using this thing in the pic with Audacity

Cheers for the feedback, will be getting something better ASAP

Attachments

• 61ahpmtu0IL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    61ahpmtu0IL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 33