The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Star Wars or Star Trek?

• Total voters

mr ben

Mar 22, 2006
huyton
Lozzie said:
TRECK!!!! Deffo. Although wars kicks ass too.

I love next generation, although i love Voyager. Katherine JW's voice does me nut in. I love seven of nine in that, it's who we names our dog after...now that is sad!!!!

seven4.jpg
Bird kicks butt!

my god that bird looks like Djibril Cisse on crack

MANC

Apr 1, 2003
Manc
Star Wars for me, loves it growing up and i get nostalgic when I see pictures of R2D2 etc

Last time i watched it I felt a bit stupid tho watching what is really just a crap badly scripted and badly acted fairy tale... I'm not an 8 year old anymore.:cry: :rolleyes:

Star trek.... Bunch of Nobends, sad American tourist style geeks who waffle Oprah Winfrey/Stephen Hawkins type gobshite and lets be honest, the aliens they come across are total dicks as well, apart fropm the old skool Klingons before they got that inter-galatic style ASBO and went all resonable :|

silocybe

Jun 17, 2003
france
So.....Darth Vadar and Luke skywalker are having a light saber fight..Vadar says "young skywalker ! i know what your gettin for Xmas! " Luke looks puzzled but they continue fighting ...woosh..bmmm.zrrr (sounds of lightsabers) Again Darth Vadar says to luke "Skywalker ! I know what your getting for Xmas ! " Luke is puzzled but replys "How do you know what im getting for Xmas ?" and Darth Vadar says " Because i have felt your presents !"
Taxi booked :wave:

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
I really want to watch the star wars films, but i can't work out wether i am to watch them in the order they came out or their actual chronolgical order:confused: . Plus i am dead pissed that i already know that Vader is his dad.

:)

passingphantom

Jun 4, 2004
RAAR zone
If I may give a piece of advice I'd say, watch them in the order in which they came out...

it's like a kind of circle, it all starts with Luke Skywalker's quest to then endeavour what made of Vador who he is....

but well, to each his/her own I guess

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
I prefer the original Star Wars movies to the Star Trek movies:thumbsup:

I've never seen any of the recent Star Wars movies or Star Trek movies though:)

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
never really watched star trek, and the only star wars film ive seen is the last one that came out, and that was only really becaise the person I went to the flicks with was dying to see it.
sci-fi doesnt really float my boat :|

amymars

Apr 28, 2006
Standish
excuse me? lol
;)

dunno what your on about....we do have videos and dvds....but Im guessing you mean something else :p

my little brother at the age of 4 knew virtually everything about it. awww. and! we have a 1970s figure of Bobba Fett, complete with jet rocket pack which my mum tells me is really rare - only 100 made or sumthing. Geeks.

Danny C

May 19, 2004
Town
Have to admit I'm a bit of a Trekkie, but find it hard to say which is the better. Star Trek is at "its best" as a TV series, the films are shocking, apart from maybe 2 (wrath of Khan) and First Contact.

Trek was certainly a pioneer in sci-fi genre on television, as Star wars was on the big screen.

For me I liked the ethos of Star Trek, particuarly The Next Gen amd DS9.
The different and wide variation of story lines made it interesting, though there is the odd crap episode
Star Wars is more of a good old fashioned good vs evil scenario, but throws in all sorts of undercurrents and comparisons to historical events ie: religion, spiritulialism, genocide, philosophy, politics etc

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
amymars said:
dunno what your on about....we do have videos and dvds....but Im guessing you mean something else :p
I'm a bit baffled as to Butty's post myself, although what I think he means is that the original video's of the first 3 films are best because they haven't been messed with.

George Lucas, in his infinite wisdom (and nothing to do money!), re-released the films in the mid nineties, putting in scenes that he'd left out when he first made the films. Trouble is there was a reason he left these bits out; they were shit. An example of this is near the end of Star Wars (A New Hope), someone comes up to Luke as he's getting into his X-Fighter and says summat like "are you sure you're old enough" and Lukes mate appears and says summat gay; really gay. The point is the whole scene is gay and uneccessary, and there was a reason it was left out.

George Lucas (kerching) had seen an oppurtunity to make more wonga though, so put the gay scenes back in so he could then re-release again (god knows the films don't need any more gayness though, what with the droids and the ewoks). He had already done a digitally remastered re-release and a THX re-release so he had to do summat (a bit like Gilette with razors).

The upshot is all the DVD releases now have the gayness in them and aren't as good as the videos.

Danny C

May 19, 2004
Town
Has anyone seen the "Star Wars xmas special" spinoff? Its a shocker. Featuring all the stars, the programme centres around a xmas party at Chewbacca's "house". Complete with wookie kids and presents. Lucas banned it from going out on air after making it!!