SPOOKS MI5 not 9 to 5

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Elev8/Levit8

May 8, 2006
I loved season 1 & 2 of Spooks (got em on DVD).
The "chipfat" episode is a TV drama classic & will never be beat...
Season 3 started to lose it a bit cos a lot of the best characters (ergo actors) had been topped.
Keeley Hawes just about carried it on her own, but it was a shadow if it's former self.

Season 4 was a big disappointment though as the storylines just got utterly ridiculous...

Every episode was the same... you'd have that one geezer Adam (who'd only been on the bloody show 5 minutes) going "renegade" & disobeying orders... followed by 40 minutes split between the big "is he or isn't he working for the other side" question (everyone thinks he is except Harry who does nowt but big him up the whole time)... and footage of the boy Adam grieving for his kid/wife/shag/housekeeper/au pair/next door neighbour (delete as appropriate) who'd been murdered by terrorists in a previous episode...
Then surprise surprise with 5 minutes to go, he'd solve all the world's problems using only his mobile phone & a bag of barley sugars whilst at the same time making everyone else look total c*nts...

I hope to god the writing's better for this new series but in truth I don't hold out much hope...

Last edited:

Elev8/Levit8

May 8, 2006
Completely.
I'd hate to spoil it for anyone who's never seen it, but it was just so clever & well thought out... definitely one of the top three best bits of telly ever in my book. And the finest TV drama I've ever seen bar none.

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
I watched the first series, thought it was okay.......then I saw the last series one about the "British Way" and couldnt take it seriously ever since. What a load of bolox, just like the f'king Bill last month or so.

Might have a do with the new one though, but I cant really watch BBC produced drama's anymore cos I always spy the undercurrent of the storylines and it spoils it for me.

Sirius.

Dj Britalian

Nov 19, 2001
On the edge
What a top show,

Have watched it since it began, agree that it has not been as good as the first 2 series coz the main characters have slowly been killed off or just left.

Deffo, that chipfat scene was immense, i could'nt believe it when that poor slinker got whacked like that :|

Roll on Sunday night :thumbsup:

ps. I well fancied that milf from the end of the first & throughout the second series. The one who does the bt advert at the mo with that guy out of My Family :love:

Elev8/Levit8

May 8, 2006
hehehe yeayea i'm looking forward to afterlife :thumbsup:
am mad as fuck for Rita Sue & Bob n'all... top top film...
"...you took yer fuckin' time!"

Elev8/Levit8

May 8, 2006
yea its got to be one of my fav films never fails to make me piss , the dad in it is the best drunk ever , close 2nd is frank gallagher and in 3rd place phil mitchell :thumbsup:

phil mitchell? my arse, he's a 'kin bellend. 3rd place goes to Jack off Father Ted