speaker help

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

jason67

Apr 12, 2010
Planina pod golico, Slovenia
I'm going to do an old skool night in my local village bar (yes, you can hear banjos playing) and I need some advice regarding speakers.
They have a huge speaker in the room for the sound but I obviously need a monitor and the only ones I have are pretty decent Rogers. As I don't want to blow them what can I do? I was thinking of connecting their speaker to 'A' and mine to 'B' then making sure that on the mixer the balance is way over to the 'A' side.
Another thing I was thinking was to connect both speakers up to 'B', would having 2 of them reduced the power going in?

Cheers in advance, Jason

Sam

Aug 11, 2008
My House
Monitor speakers out of a separate amp which is plugged into the booth monitor output on your mixer.

My monitors are active and plug straight into my mixer so I'm lucky but used to use the two amp method.

jason67

Apr 12, 2010
Monitor speakers out of a separate amp which is plugged into the booth monitor output on your mixer.

My monitors are active and plug straight into my mixer so I'm lucky but used to use the two amp method.
Cheers for the reply mate, problem is I don't have a booth monitor output on my amp (or am I just a bit dumb!). I have 2 outputs at the back, line and rec. I have a VMC-002 vestax mixer.

Sam

Aug 11, 2008
My House
Aye, you've two outputs there so use two amps. One for the big speaker and one for your monitors. Control the volumes separately! That should work...

jason67

Apr 12, 2010
Aye, you've two outputs there so use two amps. One for the big speaker and one for your monitors. Control the volumes separately! That should work...

So the line goes to the amp for the big speakers like usual and then I run from the rec to a different amp which will be used for monitor speakers?

What about the volume for the monitor speakers? Will it be adjusted when I use the mixer or will I have to manually do it on the 2nd amp?
Cheers mate!