Sound Question??

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Rewind_2007

Aug 8, 2007
Blackpool
Sound Question?? I have 2 mixes that only play through one speaker and I want to gt it playing through both speakers how can do this? I use Goldwave and Magic Audio programs thanks:confused:

Geeky

Apr 10, 2002
Sounds like you need to convert the file from mono to stereo. It can be done in Cool Edit Pro.

Chumley

Aug 26, 2003
Sheffield
Wrong way round Geeky. A mono track will play the same in both speakers.

Rewind, sounds like you have a stereo track, but with no data in one channel. When you open it, you should see that one channel has a soundwave and the other is just a straight line.

You need to convert it to mono, selecting only the channel that has data as the source. This may or may not sound OK, depending on whether the channel with data was from a mono track or just from one side of a stereo track.

Make a copy first if you're not sure, or stick it on mediafire and I'll have a look at it for you.

Rewind_2007

Aug 8, 2007
Blackpool
Wrong way round Geeky. A mono track will play the same in both speakers.

Rewind, sounds like you have a stereo track, but with no data in one channel. When you open it, you should see that one channel has a soundwave and the other is just a straight line.

You need to convert it to mono, selecting only the channel that has data as the source. This may or may not sound OK, depending on whether the channel with data was from a mono track or just from one side of a stereo track.

Make a copy first if you're not sure, or stick it on mediafire and I'll have a look at it for you.

I will give it a go :thumbsup: