"Soulwax are like f*in Jive Bunny"...

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Billy Liar

Sep 15, 2003
Uckerschmuck
As said by Dave Clarke in this months jockey slut...
personally I think that media time would be better spent on UK talent!!

And yes I agree...altho as I've read somewhere on this forum ...theyre mixing is "sick".....think that means good...

bastardising 3 hundred tracks into a 58 minute mix does have good moments but dear Joseph...its been done....
Latin Rascals did it in 1923 or summat!! wiv two pegs and a laggy band.

Belgian Tossers Out!! and get yer hair cut -

Love to All
Billy :mexican:

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
Well i think mainly what i would like to say is that i dont think the geographical location of any artist matters, media time should surley be spent on what is good? To say perhaps that media time should be spent on someone worthy maybe, but purley because they are not British :confused:

I actually think that soulwax, in both forms as themselves and as dj's are exellent. I dunno about thier mixing being 'sick' as i have not really heard that term before, but i would say that they have a great fresh way of mixing an eclectic bag of music that sounds totally new and funky, admittidly if your bang into old skool and nothing elese then they are perhaps not going to float your boat. I like the fact that they are a little bit different in their outlook, as in it really is okay to chuck on a bit of Dolly Parton and mix it into Royksopp.

The thing is that i can imagine that if i was lucky to see then live, then i would be really impressed with their style, their stage presence and their memorability.

To be honest the Radio Soulwax comp hardly ever leaves the cd player :)

nathan

Sep 6, 2001
north west london
www.cometogether2.co.uk
thats cause

Amelie said:
Well i think mainly what i would like to say is that i dont think the geographical location of any artist matters, media time should surley be spent on what is good? To say perhaps that media time should be spent on someone worthy maybe, but purley because they are not British :confused:

I actually think that soulwax, in both forms as themselves and as dj's are exellent. I dunno about thier mixing being 'sick' as i have not really heard that term before, but i would say that they have a great fresh way of mixing an eclectic bag of music that sounds totally new and funky, admittidly if your bang into old skool and nothing elese then they are perhaps not going to float your boat. I like the fact that they are a little bit different in their outlook, as in it really is okay to chuck on a bit of Dolly Parton and mix it into Royksopp.

The thing is that i can imagine that if i was lucky to see then live, then i would be really impressed with their style, their stage presence and their memorability.

To be honest the Radio Soulwax comp hardly ever leaves the cd player :)

they are brilliant amelie. Whats dave clarke ever offered us other than moodyness? Go and see them live Mr liar and witness the talent first hand. Its great when you're not sure whether you wanna listen to rock n roll, soul hip hop or house. I know I'll stick in a soulwax cd and listen to them all

Danny

Jul 22, 2002
London, UK
www.ketoloco.com
hmmm i'm a bit baffled .... soulwax are very talented, i dont worship em by any means, but they are very very good at what they do ..... infact i know i wish i had their ideas ..... need i say anymore :confused:

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Hmmm, <ponder>

I like their approach, but I don't like the way they "assemble" their stuff.

From what I have heard, it's too quick, and in most parts a big mash up, now that's fine if you like that, but personally I prefer something with more of a groove to it, that takes time to evolve.

Think there's other folks out there doing more interesting stuff though, like Kid606 / Skatter, and if you fancy a laugh check out V/Vm :moonie:

Mike

Jun 21, 2002
Billy Liar said:
As said by Dave Clarke in this months jockey slut...

The actual quote was "Soulwax are like Jive Bunny for women with PMT" :eek:

In which case Dave Clarke is like Jive Bunny for spotty techno nerds with jotter pads :p :p :p

Personally I'd listen to either of them. You can't have a Dave Clarke interview though without a comment like that, either he is completely opinionated and arrogant or the press make him out to be... Suppose it puts a bit of personality into what's otherwise a bit of a faceless genre. Dave Clarke - the Jeremy Clarkson of techno (as I believe he is also branded in the Jockey Slut interview) :S :eek: