Sky viewers

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

tall paul

Sep 19, 2001
Liverpool
Has anyone else who's got Sky lost all their BBC channels off it??

I phoned 'em up & they said there is a problem and some people have lost 'em, unfortunately there's nothing they can do about it at the moment, but they're trying to work out a fix.

Bit of a pain in the arse, cos I've not got a TV aerial up at the moment, so just been the shop to get one & gonna spend the next hour clambering around the roof trying fix the thing to the chimney.

If I haven't posted in the next couple of hours, someone phone an ambulance - I've fallen off in a Rod Hull stylee.

Mate - I had this prob only on BBC1 - only got Sky this week so didnt know if it was summat to do with me viewing card not being fully activated - all sorted this morning though :)

PS Shooms top tip of the day:

I rang up for Sky installation coz my reception here is absolutely dire - I took the most expensive package coz then the equipment & installation was only a quid. The package I was told would only start debiting from me account once the card was in & activated.... so - I got the dish etc installed & then rang up freeview & gave a blag name to get a free view card (there's no way I'm gonna watch 38 quids worth of tv a month) - so now I have a freeview card, perfect reception & it only cost me a quid for the install & equipment - huzzaaah !:king: :drevil:

Dj M Jaxx

Oct 12, 2001
YORK UK
www.myspace.com
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: WHEN IS MY F@CKING NEW VIEWING CARD COMING SKY :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

If i have to phone these C@nts up one more time....and listen to there bull, or press the back up button more than 500 times an hour to get rid of the fecking "Please insert your new viewing card" shite......the TV is off in the paddling pool......It's bad enough having Big Brother all over the bloody telly......do i have to put up with this crap too :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Rant over:( :mad: :( :( :mad: :( :mad: :mad: :(

R J

Sep 29, 2001
Manchester UK
www.aatw.com
tall paul said:
Has anyone else who's got Sky lost all their BBC channels off it??

I phoned 'em up & they said there is a problem and some people have lost 'em, unfortunately there's nothing they can do about it at the moment, but they're trying to work out a fix.

Bit of a pain in the arse, cos I've not got a TV aerial up at the moment, so just been the shop to get one & gonna spend the next hour clambering around the roof trying fix the thing to the chimney.

If I haven't posted in the next couple of hours, someone phone an ambulance - I've fallen off in a Rod Hull stylee.

It's because the BBC have moved from renting space from SKY on ASTRA 2A to their own space on ASTRA 2D .

Apparently the footprint of 2d is slightly tighter than 2A hence some people with dishes that are outside of the footprint or have badly tuned dishes have lost the BBC channels.

Might be worth checking your signal lock and strength in the services menu when tuned to BBC1 ..

wildpitch

Aug 12, 2002
Hmm. I haven't been able to get 1, 2 or 3 for a week or so now. No signal on any of them. Anyone know which button you hold down to force a skybox to relearn the channels when you power it on?

R J

Sep 29, 2001
Manchester UK
www.aatw.com
wildpitch said:
Hmm. I haven't been able to get 1, 2 or 3 for a week or so now. No signal on any of them. Anyone know which button you hold down to force a skybox to relearn the channels when you power it on?

Force EPG / Software update .

Power Off

Power back up whilst holding the back up button in on the box not the remote .

tall paul

Sep 19, 2001
Liverpool
Re: Re: Sky viewers

R J said:
It's because the BBC have moved from renting space from SKY on ASTRA 2A to their own space on ASTRA 2D .

Apparently the footprint of 2d is slightly tighter than 2A hence some people with dishes that are outside of the footprint or have badly tuned dishes have lost the BBC channels.

Might be worth checking your signal lock and strength in the services menu when tuned to BBC1 ..

Yep, tried that & it didn't seem to be too bad. Signal strength was close to the maximum although the signal quality bar seemed a bit poor.

Also tried to make the box re-learn the channels by going through the new installation procedure in the serrvices menu, but still didn't help.

When I spoke to Sky they told me pretty much what you'd said about them changing satellite, and apparently they've moved from the high frequency group to the low group (don't know why that should make a difference?)

But for now they basically said - you're fekked for now, but we're trying to get a fix.

Still at least I managed to fit my terrestrial aerial without killing myself! Also stuck an FM one up too & wired it through to the AV receiver so can get the radio nice & clear & loud now.

tall paul

Sep 19, 2001
Liverpool
They must of downloaded something new to the box last night, cos turned it on today and all channels were just showing a blank screen, then did the new installation thing again & all channels including BBC are back!