Sister Bliss @ Creme Da La Creme Presents 'Wow!', Venue 44, Mansfield 12.11.1994

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

henryvilla

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2010
Sister Bliss @ Creme Da La Creme Presents 'Wow!', Venue 44, Mansfield 12.11.1994

*EDITED* Not Al Mackenzie, but Sister Bliss

I'm not sure where I got this mix from, but it wasn't MixCloud! Jonny, it could have come from you?

It came to me labelled 'Al McKenzie - Creme De La Creme WOW 1995', but the tracks suggest it's late 1994, which fits with this flyer I found on eBay. And I discovered that it was a night at Venue 44, so even more reason why it may be one of your rips Jonny!

A great set too, and typical of Al's style as he mixes up vocal garage, with Hip Hop, with House, with Techno/Trace and even Three Bad Mice - Bombscare at the end. Awesome stuff, I really enjoyed this set. 👌

Tracklist includes:

Chanelle - One Man (One Mix)
De'Lacy - Hideaway (Blaze Clubhead Vocal Mix)
Greed - Pump Up The Volume (Dub Up The Volume)
Ace Of Base - Living In Danger (Armand's For The Big Clubs Only Mix)
The Boss - Congo (D Max Mix)
Raze Presents Doug Lazy - Let It Roll (Vocal)
SAS - Amber Groove (Toxix Hijack Mix)
Rozzo - Into Your Heart (Original Mix)
The Ethics - La Luna (The Ethics EP/ UMM)
Sonic Solution - Turbulance (R&S)
Cleptomaniacs - Positive Feedback (Climax Mix)
2 Bad Mice - Bombscare (Original Mix)

MixCloud here we come...

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/lwsw...ow!',+Venue+44,+Mansfield+12.11.1994.mp3/file

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

Last edited:

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
Al Mackenzie @ Creme Da La Creme Presents 'Wow!', Venue 44, Mansfield 12.11.1994

I'm not sure where I got this mix from, but it wasn't MixCloud! Jonny, it could have come from you?
I do recall I put one up on HOH with that set name, just gonna ck on HOH, yep I did, but I thought we found out Al wasnt sure if it was him or not....
Have you looked in the details on the set, on everything I rip I always put in the coms Ripped by China.

I'm not 100% but I think I may have a Ali whitehead set from there aswell, I could be wrong though, I will have to go through the boxes of tapes to see, I will get it ripped if I do have it (y)

henryvilla

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2010
I do recall I put one up on HOH with that set name, just gonna ck on HOH, yep I did, but I thought we found out Al wasnt sure if it was him or not....
Great to catch up earlier dude. As we said on our call, he did say that it could be him, and he may have been pissed up, as the thing that he did say about the set was that it was speeded up more than he normally would have played out at. But could that be the way it was recorded? The tape recording could have been speed unintentionally by the original recorder?

He also said that a number of the tracks are ones he would have played at this time. I personally think it is him DJing. The choice of genres and the way he starts with vocal garage and moves up to harder is very typical of his sets. Put it this way... if this had come to me as an unlabelled or Unknown DJ mix and I was asked who I who put money on it being, I would have said Al Mackenzie.

Either way bud, I'm keeping mine labelled as him as I believe it is him. It's a cracking set! Get the Alli Whitehead one up broski! 🙏 👊

Reactions: chinatownswhite

Mr Phista

Apr 19, 2006
Nice 1 Henry mate, appreciated.

Chanelle - One Man (One Mix)
De'Lacy - Hideaway (Blazed Vocal Mix)
??
Key Aura - Hot Dog (Too Orangey For Crows)
Greed - Pump Up The Volume (Dub Up The Volume)
R.A.W. - Unbe (Erick "More" Mix)
Ace Of Base - Living In Danger (Armand's For The Big Clubs Only Mix)
N.Y. Connection - In Front-Want It
Doug Lazy - Rollin On (SPS Vocal Mix)???
Soft House Company - What You Need (Luv Dup's Sat At Home Mix)
Sister Bliss - Can't Get A Man, Can't Get A Job (Funky Little Remix)
The Boss - Congo (D Max Mix)
The Shaker - Just Lick It (Hand & Spear Sublime Mix)
DJ EFX - Is It Like My Dil-Doe (Tribal As A Mofo)
SAS - Amber Groove (Toxix Hijack Mix)
Rozzo - Into Your Heart (Original Mix)
Movin Melodies Production - La Luna
Sonic Solution - Turbulence
Cleptomaniacs - Positive Feedback (Climax Mix)
2 Bad Mice - Bombscare (Original Mix)
Gems For Gems - Liftin Me Higher (Peak Energy Mix)
C*Y*B - Jaba Noba (France Mix)

Last edited:

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
Great to catch up earlier dude. As we said on our call, he did say that it could be him, and he may have been pissed up, as the thing that he did say about the set was that it was speeded up more than he normally would have played out at. But could that be the way it was recorded? The tape recording could have been speed unintentionally by the original recorder?

He also said that a number of the tracks are ones he would have played at this time. I personally think it is him DJing. The choice of genres and the way he starts with vocal garage and moves up to harder is very typical of his sets. Put it this way... if this had come to me as an unlabelled or Unknown DJ mix and I was asked who I who put money on it being, I would have said Al Mackenzie.

Either way bud, I'm keeping mine labelled as him as I believe it is him. It's a cracking set! Get the Alli Whitehead one up broski! 🙏 👊
Yes dude really good to have a catch up & to hear ya voice again ;)

After speaking to you, I spoke to my mate who I used to collect with & he remembers the tape because he said he used to hammer it and he also said there should be a couple more mixes, he deffo said there is a Ali Whitehead set, and thats before I even said to him about the Ali set, just hope its in one of those boxes, Im sure Ive seen it....

When the mrs aint about I will go through the boxes, I did start looking & got that look off her, you know that look, she didnt even have to say anything, its the same look when tapes come via the post :ROFLMAO:

henryvilla

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2010
Wooooahhh... This is not Al Mackenzie. It's Sister Bliss. Look below, from Scott's site... the same mix as the Juice Sister Bliss mix with a couple of extra tracks at the start....

I was so sure it was him too! What do I know! Haha

I've edited the download accordingly and re-upped it labelled correctly.

But what's interesting is that Sister Bliss is on the line up on the flyer above, and Alli Whitehead too, which Jonny thinks he has a mix of from Wow Creme De La Creme. I'm thinking there was a tape pack, or a series of tapes made on this night and they got mislabelled at some stage, maybe even by the original recorder. If there are others in the box it would be interesting to know who Jonny. Maybe Judge Jules and a Sister Bliss one - maybe proving that they weren't labelled properly?

1609937613029.png

Last edited:

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
@henryvilla I have managed to get hold of the part that was missing from my ordinal rip which you posted above, so I've spliced it onto the end of the original rip, so we have the full set now, which takes the total run time to 1hr 43mins hopefully the joining up isnt to noticeable, let me know what ya think (y) I've also sorted the tracklist out and added the 3 extra tracks that Phista spotted at the start of the set, with just one ID missing

Sister Bliss @ Creme Da La Creme Presents 'Wow!

1. Chanelle - One Man (One Mix)
2. De'Lacy - Hideaway (Blazed Vocal Mix)
3. The Electric Fro - Theme From The Electric Fro (Severe Dub)
4. Key Aura - Hot Dog (Too Orangey For Crows)
5. Greed - Pump Up The Volume (Dub Up The Volume)
6. R.A.W. - Unbe (Erick "More" Mix)
7. Ace Of Base - Living In Danger (Armand's For The Big Clubs Only Mix)
8. N.Y. Connection - In Front-Want It
9. Doug Lazy - Rollin On (SPS Vocal Mix)???
10. Soft House Company - What You Need (Luv Dup's Sat At Home Mix)
11. Sister Bliss - Can't Get A Man, Can't Get A Job (Funky Little Remix)
12. The Boss - Congo (D Max Mix)
13. The Shaker - Just Lick It (Hand & Spear Sublime Mix)
14. DJ EFX - Is It Like My Dil-Doe (Tribal As A Mofo)
15. SAS - Amber Groove (Toxix Hijack Mix)
16. Rozzo - Into Your Heart (Original Mix)
17. Movin Melodies Production - La Luna
18. Sonic Solution - Turbulence
19. Cleptomaniacs - Positive Feedback (Climax Mix)
20. 2 Bad Mice - Bombscare (Original Mix)
21. Gems For Gems - Liftin Me Higher (Peak Energy Mix)
22. C*Y*B - Jaba Noba (France Mix
23. Donna Giles - And I'm Telling You (I'm Not Going) (Pride Mix)
24. C*Y*B - Now (Play Mix)
25. Blow - The Cutter

Last edited:

henryvilla

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2010
@henryvilla I have managed to get hold of the part that was missing from my ordinal rip which you posted above, so I've spliced it onto the end of the original rip, so we have the full set now, which takes the total run time to 1hr 43mins hopefully the joining up isnt to noticeable, let me know what ya think (y) I've also sorted the tracklist out and added the 3 extra tracks that Phista spotted at the start of the set, with just one ID missing

Sister Bliss @ Creme Da La Creme Presents 'Wow!

1. Chanelle - One Man (One Mix)
2. De'Lacy - Hideaway (Blazed Vocal Mix)
3. [08:09] inst ??
4. Key Aura - Hot Dog (Too Orangey For Crows)
5. Greed - Pump Up The Volume (Dub Up The Volume)
6. R.A.W. - Unbe (Erick "More" Mix)
7. Ace Of Base - Living In Danger (Armand's For The Big Clubs Only Mix)
8. N.Y. Connection - In Front-Want It
9. Doug Lazy - Rollin On (SPS Vocal Mix)???
10. Soft House Company - What You Need (Luv Dup's Sat At Home Mix)
11. Sister Bliss - Can't Get A Man, Can't Get A Job (Funky Little Remix)
12. The Boss - Congo (D Max Mix)
13. The Shaker - Just Lick It (Hand & Spear Sublime Mix)
14. DJ EFX - Is It Like My Dil-Doe (Tribal As A Mofo)
15. SAS - Amber Groove (Toxix Hijack Mix)
16. Rozzo - Into Your Heart (Original Mix)
17. Movin Melodies Production - La Luna
18. Sonic Solution - Turbulence
19. Cleptomaniacs - Positive Feedback (Climax Mix)
20. 2 Bad Mice - Bombscare (Original Mix)
21. Gems For Gems - Liftin Me Higher (Peak Energy Mix)
22. C*Y*B - Jaba Noba (France Mix
23. Donna Giles - And I'm Telling You (I'm Not Going) (Pride Mix)
24. C*Y*B - Now (Play Mix)
25. Blow - The Cutter
Great working Jonny. You're like a mix ninja! 🙌 💄👠

Reactions: chinatownswhite

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
I have just had a rummage through the vaults and found this!

View attachment 40765View attachment 40766View attachment 40767

This might be the tape pack not sure will have to compare the sets see what the crack is
I was thinking when I was looking at the wave form when editing the set that the mixing looked very different, first part looks blended but other bits looks like mixing into end of tracks etc, so I was thinking ALL first part then siter bliss for the rest.
Get that one on the rip emergency rip list not a NHS list that takes 2 yrs though lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Ming The Merciless