Signal radio , Stoke

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

silocybe

Jun 17, 2003
france
Hello all , Tryed searching the web , but to no avail. Im looking for some mixes from Signal radio , I think 92-93 ish. Think the dj or Djs were called Cherokee and Trix or Antics . Remeber one of em used to play some corkin trancey numbers , always remeber a sample running thru some of the mixes it was "Basic theme number one" (blokes voice). If anyone can help me out it would be much appreciated :thumbsup:

Dj-Hov

Jul 15, 2005
I don't have any rips of the shows mate but i think the show you are referrring to was called, New Dawn, Meeting of the minds.

Was indeed a top show and the DJ's were quality.:thumbsup:

DJ Bin-Bag

Apr 7, 2003
preston
deffo new dawn

RJ off this board used to be ea regular me thinks, well he must have been cos i have a couple of tapes somewhere, when i get set up i'll rip these.

Reminiscing

Oct 7, 2005
warrington
I too have some tapes in the garage if i can find them from the radio station
will try and find them and if someone can tell me and point me in the right direction of the software i need ;) will rip em to the old hard drive and upload em for ya.if i remember these were hardcorish dj's.
infact will go and get them now
well found
2 meeting of the minds tapes (maybe more but will have to go through the ones with no writing on)
a dj slipmatt @ kaos
dj ratty - vision 93
orange at the rocket
found a sasha new years eve tape
found a steve mason tape
A zone tape - matt bell
buzz liverpool
and about 10 unidentified tapes
bloody nora will be busy goin through these

Last edited:

silocybe

Jun 17, 2003
france
Dj-Hov said:
I don't have any rips of the shows mate but i think the show you are referrring to was called, New Dawn, Meeting of the minds.

Was indeed a top show and the DJ's were quality.:thumbsup:

Aye , it was indeed :thumbsup: So has anyone got a sheckel for a poor ex leper ?

NickSheldon

Nov 3, 2005
www.nicksheldon.co.uk
I was on one of the DJ's who did Signal every Sunday night (New Dawn - Meeting of the Minds).
Antix and I did the trancey progressive funky numbers, while RJ did the OldSkool.
I have some tapes somewhere, it's just finding and encoding them.

phones:

ChOzEnFeW666

Nov 24, 2009
Stoke
Hi guys..:wave: this is goin sound to good to be true but during 91' thro to 93' i recorded every new dawn every sunday night and have nearly 300 cassettes,theres only a few that have shouts because it didnt sound right at the time wiv the volume full blast windows down hearin 'SIGNAL RADIO' But now i regret it so much and wish i cud turn the clock back and not of pressed pause..:( so wen i get the chance and learn how to do it chaps i will convert wot i can..:ghost:

Domjoe1977

Jan 25, 2010
Portsmouth
hey peeps i lived in newcastle under lyme back in 92-93 and used to listen to this show on sunday nights it was murder cos i had school the next day and i be sitting up with headphones on recording all the mixes lol! i gave them to my brother but he split with his mrs and she binned all the tapes he had! gutted so is there a link to any of these mixes cos i'm intersted in listening to some old skool tunage!

nickel

Jan 20, 2004
Please, please, please - can someone upload anything from New Dawn Meeting of the Minds. I have fond memories listening to this show and would tune in avidly and religiously every Sunday during the early 90s whilst I had to get up early the next day for college, he he! There was some great tunes spun on this show and it's probably what solidified my love of hardcore/rave/darkcore/drum and bass, etc, because before this show came along all I EVER listened to was hip-hop. I remember DJs like Pilgrim, SS, Tango and Fallout and some others all got their chance to shine on this show. SO PLEASE IF YOU HAVE THESE SHOWS ON TAPE PUT THEM UP SOMEWHERE! (sorry to shout but this is how passionate I feel about New Dawn as it was the only reason to tune into Signal Radio during the 90s).

nickel

Jan 20, 2004
Hi guys..:wave: this is goin sound to good to be true but during 91' thro to 93' i recorded every new dawn every sunday night and have nearly 300 cassettes,theres only a few that have shouts because it didnt sound right at the time wiv the volume full blast windows down hearin 'SIGNAL RADIO' But now i regret it so much and wish i cud turn the clock back and not of pressed pause..:( so wen i get the chance and learn how to do it chaps i will convert wot i can..:ghost:

Mate, you gotta up these tapes. Don't deny people the experience of New Dawn!

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
Lol New, new, new, new,new Dawn as the jingle went. I only have one tape of this-the show bummed the Gallery like mad.

HaleBopp

Aug 30, 2012
http://www.mediafire.com/file/afekmewxznl/Nick Sheldon - Gallery_Live_290194_Part-2.mp3

Please, please, please can you tell me what the *AMAZING* track is that starts at 40 mins 30 seconds? This sound was going through my head for years and now it is again.

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!

Loved New Dawn ad like many others have said Monday mornings at school were hard after staying up to listen until midnight. Good job I started the week with easy double English :)

Would be so chuffed if someone could tell the name of the track...I've been singing it all night sine finding it again on here, scratch noises included!

HaleBopp x

Gazb

Feb 3, 2021
I remember this show from the early 90s on signal but couldn't remember what it was called,just remembered it been on Sunday night's,i remember it well as ive still got a mix on tape that Laurent Garnier did for them...

notloboldschool

Dec 17, 2016
Manchester
I remember a mate who used to be obsessing with taping stuff off of the radio, we can get signal up here in north manc on DAB, but he was receiving this on I think AM or LW, was a bit fuzzy or grainy, but he managed to tape some of the rave mixes, dedication indeed, might ask him if he still has any, lol