Should we sell Greece?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
I'm not sure why it's not an option already? If thee or me were to default on any of our loans the first thing they'd grab is our assets.

I know you can't just put up a whole country up for sale because of the people living there. But.....what if you put a sovereignty up for sale? I don't know much about history or politics or royalty, but I don't think any of the Greek islands have a King or Queen?

So....what if you put a sovereignty price on each island of say 1bn euros. Anyone (rich) who fancied being a King or Queen could buy the sovereignty and would have some say in the way the island was ruled, but not outright own the land....the land would still belong to the people. It would just be the laws of the land (and probably a palace) that they'd buy.

Anyone else got any good ideas how to fix it? (I wish Jimmy Saville was still here) RIP Sir JS xx

nupski

Nov 2, 2007
Sheffield
my take on it is this:

we give em 80 billion euros just to service their debts i.e. pay the interest. they can't pay back the capital cos every man and his dog has his hand in their pocket.

so, what if they all said right, we've had a bit of interest, we've taken a bit of profit, so the rest of the loan is interest free, and just let em pay it off, instead of robbing peter to pay paul the whole time....

just a thought

Last edited:

Bonanza

Nov 2, 2011
Ellesmere Port
Lets buy an island.

Yes great idea speedysnail, lets buy an island.

OSA has 17,199 members at mo, an island costs £1 billion, so thats £58,142 each and we can all share an island.

The Isle of OSA, got a ring to it hasnt it?

U go on Google earth and choose one and i will start getting the money together. I may have to sell my ranch?

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
If you have it on video, then you're never going to see Sandy squeeze into those tight pants again, probably. So yeah, sell it:p

pleasuredrom2

Nov 6, 2006
WIGAN
If you have it on video, then you're never going to see Sandy squeeze into those tight pants again, probably. So yeah, sell it:p

Quality JIm - the vid be worth more than the world finace sucking sh*t hole of a country thats going rob our every last penny - cnuts :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Greece sounded like a dream lifestyle for many. Civil servants got paid but didn't turn up to work. Their bosses didn't discipline them, because they weren't at work either. Now they're complaining because they will lose their pension. They were the only people paying their taxes but their productivity didn't match up to their salaries.

It's a pity the Greek government doesn't tax the rich, but from what i've read the rich lived privileged lifestyles free from any tax burdens and untouchable by the law.

On the upside, holidays there might be quite cheap soon;)