Shit/boring question.

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
I did warn you!:condom:

I have a few patches of dead dry skin at the side of my mouth and under my bottom lip- each about a 10p size, and no matter what i put on it it won't go. It's red and inflamed during the day, then all flakey and horrible when i get up.

I have tried E45, expensive face cream, even perscrip eczema cream-nowt works.

Any ideas?

A bell ?

leprosy_bella.original.jpg

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
Tried that, made it mega inflamed and sore to even speak. I had to send texts all the time to the fam- like 'eat your fucking tea', or, 'homework now or i break your legs biatch'. It's like losing your voice when you're a parent- what is the point of having kids if you can't shout at them :(

I thought it might have been the toothpaste, but i have been dead good with washing it all off of (offofofofofffofof lol) late.

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
Hey it's horrid, it does make you feel unclean- the more you frikkin wash the worse the bay boy gets!

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
You know if you carry on taking the piss i am gonna send you the flakes that drop off through the post:)

Lol right once i tricked my ex into eating some of my toe nail clippings. He went mental, i was laughing like made though. Tight i know, but i do have clean feet (just a mucky face).

Presuming Ed

I'd be carefull about overwashing dry skin as it will invariably remove even more moisture from the skin and cause it to become drier and sorer. If it is psoriasis, there was a cream my mum used to use called something like psorax, that was very effective, and when used regularly reduced the patches alot. Ed

BOD

Staff member
VIP Silver Member
Sep 4, 2007
over there
I had something similair to that a few year ago and it turned out i had an iron defficiancy. Have you been burnin the candle at both ends for a long period of time? thats what happened to me when i had lol

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
I had something similair to that a few year ago and it turned out i had an iron defficiancy. Have you been burnin the candle at both ends for a long period of time? thats what happened to me when i had lol

Nice one Bod i think that is probs it- i have been dead tired of late and had headaches. I stopped taking my preggo iron tabs a few months back as i always get anemic. I will take them again and see what happens:thumbsup:

pete-nic

Mar 28, 2007
Burnley
My mate had similar amelie and he went to the docs and it turned out to be impitigo , im sure ya dont spell it like though , doc prescribed some special cream for it as it wont go otherwise and if not treated can leave scarring , probably not that but might be worth bokkin in just to be sure as ya dont want scars if ya can help it

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
My mate had similar amelie and he went to the docs and it turned out to be impitigo , im sure ya dont spell it like though , doc prescribed some special cream for it as it wont go otherwise and if not treated can leave scarring , probably not that but might be worth bokkin in just to be sure as ya dont want scars if ya can help it

Cheers for that, but its deffo not impetigo as its not weepy at all- just really dry. It go all impetigo on my ass though if i dont stop touching the fucker. Doule dropped on a Pregaday iron tablet last night so fingers crossed if i keep up with it it will clear up:thumbsup:

beaker

Jun 24, 2005
Dr Huxtables
I did warn you!:condom:

I have a few patches of dead dry skin at the side of my mouth and under my bottom lip- each about a 10p size, and no matter what i put on it it won't go. It's red and inflamed during the day, then all flakey and horrible when i get up.

I have tried E45, expensive face cream, even perscrip eczema cream-nowt works.

Any ideas?

:eek: No way.. Lol i have exactly the same thing going on.

Iv had it on and off for a while now and its a frigging pain in the arse. It kinda goes in cycles, red and tender then dries out, flakes off and then , red and tender.. blah blah
If your is the same ..
Iv tried pretty much everything from moisturisers to hardcore mouthwashes. Tcp - savlon . My dentist said it was a bacterial thing and so got Daktarin gel. Iv had 3 lots of different creams off the doc and the only one that worked was a steroid cream called Daktacort. Was only allowed to use it for a week as it thins the skin and the day after I stopped using it was as bad again. Iv even had dermal filler in the corners of my gob in case it was with the corners of my mouth subsiding lol, as iv had tonnes of dental work done over the last few years.

Anyway .. been back to the docs this morn and was going to ask to see a dermatologist. Was a different doc this time and he thinks its Angular stomatis which can be caused with anaemia. I'm back next week for the results of blood tests and have be told to take a supplement of all the B vitamins and some iron too...:)

It could also be this thing called Angular Chilitus :crazy: which is another random bacteria thing. As i googled my symptoms last year. There's a miracle cure lol (which ya send some cheeky fcuk $80 on line -yeah right) I decided to scour the net till I found it.

"wash the area with washing up liquid, dry totally and make sure its completely dry and then vaseline over the top to create a barrier , as its the moisture that's causing the irritation"

It seemed to help like but it didn't get shut of mine. :D

li'l Sonz

Apr 27, 2005
Manchester
www.myspace.com
Could try some eumovate (sp?) which is the next step up from hydrocortizone..... I managed to get rid of mine using this but you shouldn't use it for prolonged periods of time...

Stress triggers it as well as other things like washing powder, stuff you're using on your skin so maybe have a look at those too... :)

x

nics

Oct 5, 2004
im like herpes....never quite fcuk hoff!!!
Could try some eumovate (sp?) which is the next step up from hydrocortizone..... I managed to get rid of mine using this but you shouldn't use it for prolonged periods of time...

Stress triggers it as well as other things like washing powder, stuff you're using on your skin so maybe have a look at those too... :)

x
thats what i use for my eczema and it worked a treat at first but doesnt seem to be doing the trick as good as when i first used it.......need something more hardcore for mine

ive got a raging patch of it on the side of my tummy, big patch on my arm and on the fronts of my legs but i know its breaking out in other areas as the skin is going realy dry in patches, got a small bit that keeps appearing on my forehead too:S

my mum has hydrocortisone cream so i use that as a stop gap and to ease the itching but i think i need something more hardcore:|

Stylee

Mar 10, 2006
The posh bit of Liverpool
Shove some Tiger Balm on it, I know this sounds odd but it works...... honest ;)

thats for making some poor dude eat your toe nail clippings hehe, no matter how clean your tootsies are they are still frikkin toe nails, made me bloodylaugh though :D x

li'l Sonz

Apr 27, 2005
Manchester
www.myspace.com
thats what i use for my eczema and it worked a treat at first but doesnt seem to be doing the trick as good as when i first used it.......need something more hardcore for mine

ive got a raging patch of it on the side of my tummy, big patch on my arm and on the fronts of my legs but i know its breaking out in other areas as the skin is going realy dry in patches, got a small bit that keeps appearing on my forehead too:S

my mum has hydrocortisone cream so i use that as a stop gap and to ease the itching but i think i need something more hardcore:|
The next stage from that is betnovate and has to be on prescription, the eumovate can be bought from the pharmacy... Although the reason I didn't recommend the betnovate is because it's not for use on the face, quite hardcore. You just have to use it very sparingly and try not to use it for too long coz ur sking gets used to it. I have to really keep up with moisturising in between.... and be careful of soap etc...

x