Shelley's Video - Delight / Amnesia House Wanted

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

SquareFilms

Oct 30, 2023
Hi all,

I'm after video footage of this legendary club from 1990-92.

I know this has been posted about before many years ago, just wondered where people were at in terms of digitising old VHS tapes?

I know there's a few on Youtube, but the conversation processes and Youtube compression makes some of them unwatchable - they tend to have very large block compression artefacts (sorry to get technical)

I want to use them in a film I'm making about the club - and will pay if needed for fairly decent copies (I know there's only so much you can get from an old VHS)

Whether its early ones from Delight/Sasha etc or later Amnesia House ones - maybe ones that haven't been on Youtube would be helpful

Any help would be much appreciuated

Many thanks

Alf

Feb 22, 2006
I have a DVD just under 55 mins, starts with Altern8 I think, tried to upload a screen shot but was struggling to do it

SquareFilms

Oct 30, 2023
Hi, Alf.

Is it a DVD you bought or do you have it as a computer file? Any reasonable copies I'm after. Easier if I can get it as a file transfered

Thanks so much

Alf

Feb 22, 2006
Hi, Alf.

Is it a DVD you bought or do you have it as a computer file? Any reasonable copies I'm after. Easier if I can get it as a file transfered

Thanks so much

I didn't buy it, converted from video (not buy myself) I should be able to convert it via Handbrake and post it here over the weekend. Decent quality

Starts off with Altern8 then goes back outside to the Q, then back inside MC mentions Amnesia

SquareFilms

Oct 30, 2023
Thanks, Alf

Let me know when you do it. Guess it is done via a file transfer link - Wetransfer type thing?

I am willing to pay as well for your trouble - no problem.

Thanks again

Alf

Feb 22, 2006

Try this 900MB nearly not converted loads so fingers crossed

Reactions: chinatownswhite

Alf

Feb 22, 2006
Here's another video from Quadrant Park maybe the same time or a bit earlier than above -

Attachments

• IMG_20230131_0006.jpg
    IMG_20230131_0006.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Reactions: chinatownswhite

SquareFilms

Oct 30, 2023
Thanks for all your help guys - much appreciated.

Anymore that you think you can find that will be of interest, let me know

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
I uploaded this one to youtube a while back, the quality isnt too bad for a dark club

Love how they get Daz's 2 cd name wrong on the intro titles etc, I was at this night, we didnt even know there was a PA on, we just turned up like we always did, we spent so much time at Shelleys Im surprised they didnt charge us rent:sneaky:

This was the night a girl who was dancin on the bar top fainted, due to the heat in there, she come down like a bag of cement on me, knocked me to the floor she wont even a big gal bless her, tbh I thought the door men had rushed me for a mo, she was stone cold out, it used to get so hot in there, thankfully she came round quite quicky after a few swigs of water and a cool off, the condensation in there used to drip off the ceiling on yas, you would think peeps was spitting on yas :LOL: it was that bad.
Great times tough
On the vid though I have to say @ 23:20 the scratching sounds more like Daz Willot and not Luke
So if ya went Shelleys, was a great night, great time but ya car stero nicked or ya car twocked :rolleyes: we love a RS Turbo