sheffields a bit grim

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

skippy

Jul 17, 2001
sheffield's where u can drive over that huge power sub-station on the carriageway isn't it? or is that birmingham? i always find it interesting either way...

but i know for a fact there's a large controversial waste incinerator in sheffield, that might be a smart visit, you could always lodge a one man protest against the dangers of dioxins if u feel thatway inclined too :thumbsup:

maybe best to stay indoors :pixie: :D

doolz

skippy said:
sheffield's where u can drive over that huge power sub-station on the carriageway isn't it? or is that birmingham? i always find it interesting either way...

but i know for a fact there's a large controversial waste incinerator in sheffield, that might be a smart visit, you could always lodge a one man protest against the dangers of dioxins if u feel thatway inclined too :thumbsup:

maybe best to stay indoors :pixie: :D

i shall be staying indoors then it seems away from nasty dioxins ;)
dunno about carriage ways etc since i came by train

ahh well its all good loving my job even if it takes me to the odd shit hole (no offence any sheffieldians reading this)

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Didn't Sheffield get destroyed during the making of 'Threads'? :S

I think everybody had to watch that film at school, to show us what to do in the event of a nuclear attack lol

I think it was p*ss yourself wasn't it? I remember one woman doing so anyhow:)

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Jiglo said:
Didn't Sheffield get destroyed during the making of 'Threads'? :S

I think everybody had to watch that film at school, to show us what to do in the event of a nuclear attack lol

I think it was p*ss yourself wasn't it? I remember one woman doing so anyhow:)

Jesus, I never saw that film at school, I downloaded it though about 2 years ago and watched it, heavy going to say the least - glad I didn't watch it back in school days :ghost:

skippy

Jul 17, 2001
blue jammer said:
Jesus, I never saw that film at school, I downloaded it though about 2 years ago and watched it, heavy going to say the least - glad I didn't watch it back in school days :ghost:

i watched it at primary school age, it affected me :(

also, i can recommend downloading 'the day after' if you've not seen it already :ghost:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
I'm pretty sure i've seen 'The Day After' too but can vaguely remember either of the 2 movies really. I know a lot of people were scared watching Threads at the time though:)

Miss C

May 18, 2003
New York
Haha I live in sheff, admittedly parts of it are bloody awful, just like all industrial cities. But get yourself to West Street where I live (near the Centre), aaaaaall the bars & nice restauraunts are here, & the all you can eat places, by far the best bit of Sheffield. (Cos I live on it!!:cool: :D )

Miss C

May 18, 2003
New York
Oh & for the sake of history, everything did get bombed & totally trashed here in the war because all the steel works are here, so loads of money has been put in in recent years & is still being put in to build it up even more & make it look pretty & bring business here, its improving rapidly. Twilt be Leeds the 2nd in no time. (I hope!)

silocybe

Jun 17, 2003
france
i love Sheffield lived there for a couple of years , my brother still works and lives there. Top place and you can get out into the peak district rapid. Visit the squirrels in the botanical gardens , tell em i sent you, they climb onto your shoulder if you give em some food , cheeky fookers that they are.
angry.jpg

Miss C

May 18, 2003
New York
silocybe said:
i love Sheffield lived there for a couple of years , my brother still works and lives there. Top place and you can get out into the peak district rapid. Visit the squirrels in the botanical gardens , tell em i sent you, they climb onto your shoulder if you give em some food , cheeky fookers that they are.
angry.jpg

Haha we adopted a pet squirrel when we were in halls, he used to climb up the tree outside & climb in my mates window, we named him Andre! (Bear in mind it was probably about 5 different squirrels.)

doolz

im working at sorby hall
they are gonna knock down the old student accomodation

when i arrived there on monday i almost asked teh driver why he was dropping me at a 60's style housing estate lol

the hotels top (novotel) and teh barmans a gooner lol
yet to meet a sheffield united fan down ere

gonna visit my mum and me sis in liverpool at the weekend

might even get dragged to joy but im reluctant coz ive hung up me raving shoes