Seatwave Viagogo advice, Lakeside Darts

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

leaky

Apr 11, 2006
hello, has any of you guys used these sites ? are they a scam ? the reason im asking is that we fancy going to watch the darts finals at Lakeside and the tickets just seem too cheap :crazy: heres a couple of links.

Lakeside World Darts Championship tickets at Lakeside in Frimley Green on 12/01/2012

Lakeside World Darts Tickets - Buy Lakeside World Darts Tickets - Tickets for Lakeside World Darts

yet if you go onto the official Lakeside website the tickets are 3 times as much Tickets for 2012 - Lakeside World Professional Darts Championships
and it says you need to apply for tickets, and also says the following on the bottom of the application form :confused:

I accept that tickets for Lakeside World Darts Championships are sold on the strict understanding that they must not be sold on
to third parties for more than the original face value.if it is proven that such prohibited transactions have taken place e.g. through
internet auction sites,via secondary sellers or by touting, Lakeside reserves the right to invalidate such tickets without notice or refund.

and it also says this in the FAQs

What about tickets bought from other sports ticket websites?

Lakeside has only ever worked with one sports/travel ticket agency - Voetbalreizen Engeland, Spanje, Schotland, Duitsland & Italië. Ladbrokes Darts & Lakeside Darts .Dutch and European clients can buy ticket/hotel/travel packages from them. They sell an agreed limited number of packages including tickets, hotel accommodation and travel to Dutch and European clients. They are the only other website/agency from whom we will honour tickets.

im really confused does it mean that Lakeside is the only place where you can purchase tickets and that any purchased elswhere are not valid, or are they just trying to get you to pay full price from them :confused: any advice would be appreciated :thumbsup:

leaky

Apr 11, 2006
check booking fees and delivery charges. they sell cheap but sting you on both booking fee and delivery.

ahh i see, but are they legit. its just lakeside seem to be making out you cant buy tickets anywhere except the lakeside official site :S

D

Deleted member 6141

the ones on the official site are for packages qf,sf,final. the ones on seatwave are final only. might account for the difference in price :confused: seatwave are pretty reputable dunno about the other site

leaky

Apr 11, 2006
cheers guys i will give it a whirl, also had a pm from i asume is a representative from one of the sites saying all tickets are guaranteed to be genuine and they will be delivered before the event and also a phone number to ring so all sounds good :D

D

Deleted member 6141

dunno then ??but buy your tix on a credit card n ya covered if it does go tits up :thumbsup:

leaky

Apr 11, 2006
sussed it :D i spoke to Lakeside and you can only buy the finals tickets as a package, Thursday/Friday (quarter finals) Saturday (semi finals) & Sunday (final)
but you get them as 4 seperate tickets, and sometimes people can't make all 4 days so they sell on the tickets they can't attend. :D

that was the reason why i was questioning if they were a scam, the fact people were selling tickets for a single day when you can only buy a ticket for the last 4 days as a package.

a good thing that they told me though is to be careful about buying tickets at too high a price, as if they find any tickets that have been sold at a profit they will cancel that ticket, a good idea to stop people buying them up to sell on for a quick buck, but a stinger if you buy one to find it has been cancelled :eek:

so seatwave and viagogo are sound and act as a middle man making a bit for thier service via the booking fee, but fully guaranteeing tickets :thumbsup: now the question is do i buy a full price ticket for the last 4 days and possibly sell a couple of days on for face value, or just pay the extra for the odd day :confused:

viagogo

Nov 18, 2011
viagogo is a legitimate ticket exchange website

Hi there,

viagogo is the UK's leading ticket exchange website. We are legitimate, and in fact, we are the Official Ticket Exchange Partner of the 2012 PDC Ladbrokes World Darts Championship, see here - Planet Darts | Information | PDC Partners | Partners of the PDC

The reason that prices vary from face value prices is that they are posted for sale by individuals. The individuals selling tickets can set the price, which is often lower than the face value price.

We guarantee that you get the tickets you pay for in time for the event. If the seller of the tickets doesn't provide them, we step in and provide replacement tickets.

We hope this is helpful,
The viagogo Team

leaky

Apr 11, 2006
Hi there,

viagogo is the UK's leading ticket exchange website. We are legitimate, and in fact, we are the Official Ticket Exchange Partner of the 2012 PDC Ladbrokes World Darts Championship, see here - Planet Darts | Information | PDC Partners | Partners of the PDC

The reason that prices vary from face value prices is that they are posted for sale by individuals. The individuals selling tickets can set the price, which is often lower than the face value price.

We guarantee that you get the tickets you pay for in time for the event. If the seller of the tickets doesn't provide them, we step in and provide replacement tickets.

We hope this is helpful,
The viagogo Team

thanks for that, :thumbsup: the confusion that lead to the questioning of if they were a scam was due to the fact that on seatwave, there are finals tickets going for £35 :| for tickets that have a face value of £152, so alarm bells start to ring :cops: i guess they must be tickets that have been split down to individual days, yet seatwaves ticket description simply says finals tickets 12th to 15th :confused: and with the finals tickets only sold as a 4 day package there seemed somthing wasn't just plum.

must add viagogo does state clearly on thier ticket description what day each ticket is for :thumbsup: