Sandwiches Unwrapped

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Kate.S

Sep 14, 2007
Dispatches: Sandwiches Unwrapped | Watch Online | Free Catch-Up on Channel 4 Shows

Anyone else catch this documentary the other night about pre-made/ packed sandwiches? If so what did you think? I know it sounds extremely tedious but it was actually really interesting.

Some of the stuff they showed was pretty shocking... like there's more than 9 bags of crisps worth of salt in a Meatball Subway :eek: That's just one that I can remember off the top of my head, there was quite a lot of other stuff that made you think. I think it was M&S sandwiches that had more fat in than 2 Maccy's cheesburgers :|

It's well worth a watch :thumbsup:

MizzDeedz

May 6, 2006
I make my own butties for work and its very rare id have to buy one as i suspicious of how they are made and the cleanliness. Its bad enought ive just had a major stomache bug but i dont want food poisoning just cos i cant be bothered to make my own butties. Besides I cant stand it when they trash the butty with all that fancy mayo type of stuff, yuk........

plus making your owns cheaper, lol

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Aye it was a good watch that, I was glad there wasn't too much 'dodgy stuff' found in the butties like as I'd just had a sandwich before I watched it :condom:

Was surprising the results of all the 5 big guns they compared with boots coming out best overall I think it was. Subway, what a shocker eh? I always loved the salad in Subway as it's so finely chopped, ah well...

Kate.S

Sep 14, 2007
plus making your owns cheaper, lol

Yeah that's true :thumbsup: I usually buy stuff in and keep it in the fridge at work for butties and salads, but I have to admit I have been quite partial to a Subway in the past :|

Was surprising the results of all the 5 big guns they compared with boots coming out best overall I think it was. Subway, what a shocker eh? I always loved the salad in Subway as it's so finely chopped, ah well...

Yeah Boots came out the best out of them all.

The most interesting thing, and perhaps the most shocking, was how they market themselves to give the impression that what they sell is good for you, when most of the time it really isn't :cops:

Some of the cleanliness was appalling too, even the pest control guy had a pop at one lot :naughty:

ste huxley

Jul 17, 2001
Planet E
www.huxtableshouseparty.co.uk
This lad I used to work with used to work in one of those sandwich factories, he told me never to buy those sandwiches, incidentally it was while I was eating one lol. Allsorts go in em and not just preservatives!

This other lad I knew worked in a fizzy pop factory lol and they all used to grob n do greenies in the big lemonade mix:eek:

Same with a lot of factories making stuff I reckon, peeps get bored and jizz in the mix lol:king:

Candyman

Jan 15, 2007
GT Yarmouth
www.corruptskys.co.uk
It's like that in every single factory...

I've worked a few and tbh if you have seen it yourself you know never to buy or eat that product, but at the end of the day we all know that they are all the same so in fact you should just not buy anything to eat ever again! lol

Mesh

Feb 19, 2005
Liverpool Laaaaa
This other lad I knew worked in a fizzy pop factory lol and they all used to grob n do greenies in the big lemonade mix:eek:
Someone I know once re-heated a Cumberland Sausage in the crack of his arse due to the unpleasant manner of the complaining customer:D
Rule 1 of dining out..if you can't see the kitchen and wish to complain...do it at the end:D

PS..good to see ya posting again Ste:D