RE Mobile phone scam or a proper Win?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
I got a text saying you have won £400 pound as someone you know has entered your moby number into a draw

I thought rubbish but im up for a laugh anyway so i rang

It was all done using a robot voice machine as always and kept you on for ages (As thats how they make money)

Has anyone else had this sort of text?

the company i have to send the below to

self addressed Env plus 27P stamp

name, address, moby number, mobile model and provider (Contract/payasyougo)

is

Mobile media LTD
PO Box 654
37 Store street
London
WC1E 7QF

Is this a load of crap or is it legit?

Alan

grad

Jul 18, 2001
milfland
stores.ebay.co.uk
a load of crap.

if you'd won £400 i think they might have rung you instead of a text..did the text have your name on..no, tis just junk like those scratchcards you get in magazines and stuff..

nowthen

Nov 6, 2002
Stockport
I kepp gettin em too.
If yer look at the number yer gotta ring to claim your 'prize' it's a 0906 number, usually between £1-£2 a minute!
So they keep yer on that line for 20 mins till ye have spent about £30 then send you a prize worth £5 (tops).
The only way I'd bother is if you can ring it from work or something where you don't have to pay the phone bill!

ZENZEN

Jun 13, 2002
Northern Ireland
www.coachniteclub.com
BULLS**T!

I received these as well, one actually said that they where trying to get in contact and that it was the third SMS they had sent. Either I was beamed up by aliens while this happened or in a coma, I think they got the wrong phone.

Keep getting different ones for different prizes, I'd say by the cost of the calls someone is lying on a beach somewhere lapping it up!!

My girlfriend actually rang one and wasted a fiver of calling credit before she could even leave her name, a lot of s**t in the message before hand. At £1.50 a minute it would be like Chris Tarrent on Who Wants to be a Millionaire.... Are you sure this is your name... Kerching.... £1.50....Is this your address..... Kerching.....£3.00.....

By the time you left all your info you will have spent £400 never mind won it!! LOL

I would stay well clear mate! :ghost: :ghost: :ghost: :ghost:

Miss C

May 18, 2003
New York
I get em all the time, theyre so bloody annoying! The thought of ringing the number actually sometimes crosses my mind 4 that split second, before i realise some money grabbing twat is sat back in their chair laughing thinking 'suckers' :mad: and the worst thing is, theyre right, most of us do fall 4 it. :axe:

RetroAndy

Apr 4, 2002
wakefield
Don't mean to alarm you but i have heard of a scam were you get these text messages and when you reply or ring they can tap into your phone account and use your credit or run up your phone bill. I out of a point of principle dont bother replying or ringing just in case.

Andy