R.I.P Pioneer HDJ1000's

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Benny-Digital

Apr 20, 2006
Pink makes the boys wink....
My headphones have finally given up on me after just over 6 years. They were held together with mainly zip ties and superglue! I'm just having a scout around for some new ones.. Any suggestions would be great, I don't think I can stretch to the Sennheiser HD25's or indeed another pair of pioneers :( my budget is about £80 :thumbsup:

Aug 10, 2005
Blackburn
My headphones have finally given up on me after just over 6 years. They were held together with mainly zip ties and superglue! I'm just having a scout around for some new ones.. Any suggestions would be great, I don't think I can stretch to the Sennheiser HD25's or indeed another pair of pioneers :( my budget is about £80 :thumbsup:

Sennheiser HD 25-SP's are around £80 I think, not sure what the difference is between the proper ones but I'd expect the sound to be the same quality... I think these are the one's they gave out on concorde flights so can't be that bad ;)

djperkins

Sep 22, 2011
Not Manchester
I have got some KRK KNS 8400..they are a closed cup and offer, according to the book, up to 30db worth of noise reduction from the cup alone, not wireless but the lead does pull out of the phones...if you tread on it or just to swap lead type from curly/straight, it has a seperate piece of lead with a slider switch for volume aswell. Plastic type shells with a sturdy metal strap/slider..I think these came in at just over a one'er tho, apart from some sennhiesser's back in the day, I have managed with Sony £20 specials for years, I think I prefer a closed cup...and then I can just lift it away from my ear if I need a bit of background in there...ythe semi open Sennhiessres bled too much background thru all the time for me...but as uz a scratchpert is that what u want?

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
I use HD25's for home listening to stuff on my lappy and Technics RP-DJ1210's for mixing on the wheels of steel.

The soft plastic that houses the foam and touches my ears has degraded badly over time on both sets of cans and the plastic clings like shit to a blanket when it lands on my neck and I look like a tarmac man who hasn't washed afterwards.

My 25's also have a bad connection and I sometimes have to wiggle the wire to get sound working in both ears, but pretty much everything is easily replaceable on them - which is probably why they're used so widely in tv media, usually when they're broadcasting from a noisy stadium or crowd.

I must find the spare lead and earpads that I bought as spares when I bought the cans and see if that sorts out my 2 issues with them.

No idea on prices, but these items usually fluctuate in price depending on the strength of the pound.

Benny-Digital

Apr 20, 2006
Pink makes the boys wink....
I use HD25's for home listening to stuff on my lappy and Technics RP-DJ1210's for mixing on the wheels of steel.

The soft plastic that houses the foam and touches my ears has degraded badly over time on both sets of cans and the plastic clings like shit to a blanket when it lands on my neck and I look like a tarmac man who hasn't washed afterwards.

My 25's also have a bad connection and I sometimes have to wiggle the wire to get sound working in both ears, but pretty much everything is easily replaceable on them - which is probably why they're used so widely in tv media, usually when they're broadcasting from a noisy stadium or crowd.

I must find the spare lead and earpads that I bought as spares when I bought the cans and see if that sorts out my 2 issues with them.

No idea on prices, but these items usually fluctuate in price depending on the strength of the pound.

Gonna wait and have some decent ones for crimble :thumbsup: