Quad reunion

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

lee laaaa

Aug 10, 2007
Well were do i start on this mess of a night .i met up with shazza n leegas and bren in largo f a few beers then gets to club and was stung 12 quid door tax

but i thought wtf its a huge great venue the Masque so mabey this this should be a busy night well i was wrong , its was a really poor turn out , only a few hundred in at best,

Gets in there in the quad room , daniel kelly was on the decks playing some good tunes steve silk hurley-Jack yer body, smallage- together which got me thinking this could be a good night this, then came the quad father mr knowler, as always he was playing stuff they actualy played in the quad,

Then went backstage with leegas and had a natter with Danny Rampling (top bloke) he said the Main room he was playing in was so empty it had to be closed and so john kelly asked him to play a set in the quad room instead ,BUT he had no oldskool choons with him WTF i was thinking. so feeling a little dissapointed (as they where quite happy to take my £12 off me) i did go + ask one of the promotors about this and was told "IF YOU DONT LIKE IT THEN YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO" which imo is not a nice attitude to have as a paying punter,

anyway i went back to the dancefloor to throw a few shapes to Mr knowler think atomico herbie atomic house was on then it was andy carroll came on playing a bit of this n that (never been my fav dj tbh) but was not bad. then came yes uv guessed it Danny with NO oldskool choonage Rampling , he was just playing all NEW stuff and therefore completely lost most of the crowd who couldnt really seem to get into it, Then it was the turn of the john kelly and if you have ever heard him play then u know what choons he's gunna play.

the only good thing i saw was the backdrops showing ian kenyons DVDs from the big quad nights @ isis (mabey someone should take a leaf out of that promotors book )

So an overview of the whole night in 2 words UTTER RUBBISH i will never go to one of these quad nights ever ever again + id advise anyone who expects an "old skool" event to think twice as like i found out (at my expense) you may not get what you expected. was quite a few youngns in there too ,never saw hardly any of the proper old faces in there i was excpecting to see , the likes of shaza , elvis ect

But a big shout to leegas n shazza and only saw bren once all night coz well we know were he was also a big shout to peter kenny

Last edited:

Alf

Feb 22, 2006
Got to the venue about 11 o clock, have been before for Circus, and was looking forward to a good night, been all the quad nights & my bro came up from london mainly to hear Danny Rampling. Very disappointed to find the Theatre room EMPTY, Ventured upstairs which was busier & didnt know who was on the decks, after reading the review above I now know it was Daniel Kelly, playing some classics, after Daniel was Mike Knowler dunno wether there was a problem with the equipment but the records seemed to jump alot, which is always annoying, kept going downstairs hoping that the theatre room would fill up (didnt want to miss DR), by midnight I was resigned to the fact ... this was it, I did try and show some support for the local dj's in the Theatre and they were playing some great tunes. Dont really know why the Theatre wasnt the main room for the Quad DJ's better sound system, and a great space. Anyway went back upstairs and John Kelly was telling everybody on the mic he had a treat for us 'DJ DANNY RAMPLING' does anybody remember his first tune? bit wrecked by then it was Ultra Nate or similar and I thought feck me this just isnt going to work, and felt a little dissapointed, tho by the end of the set I thought it was OK doing all that CDJ trickery etc ... then JK finished things off ... OK night, great company, a good drink ... and some wicked tunes, Danny Rampling wasnt what I was expecting, and it was a shame that big room downstairs was empty ... thanks to the organisers for putting it on. Think Im a bit Quaded out for a while now tho, Isis, the boat, Magnet, Warrington, Meet, dvd launch ... thats me for a while x

tag

Mar 11, 2004
Byzantine period
why delete my post butty? you let a lot of other things get posted on here that a lot of people dont agree with,i was only saying 'that doesnt suprise me',whats wrong with that?

tag
:rolleyes:

butty

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 15, 2001
Manchester
www.oldskoolanthems.com
why delete my post butty? you let a lot of other things get posted on here that a lot of people dont agree with,i was only saying 'that doesnt suprise me',whats wrong with that?

tag
:rolleyes:

reviews are only to be made by those who actually went to the night mate, im not saying that you are but we have had in the past was people affiliated with a rival night having a pop at another night just because of this, which isnt very fair as im sure ya will agree :thumbsup:

therefore reviews are to be only made by people that actually went, this rule goes for everyone, ive removed a few posts off this thread not jus your bud

Photos now online

Hiya

Well, we drove a very long way for this one and petrol ain't cheap.

The Quad room was rammed and rockin' - and that's what we came for.

The photos are now online. here's what John Kelly said:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi,

A big thank you from Mike, Andy and me to everyone who came down to The Masque on Thursday and helped us rock the Quadrant Park room.

The first set of photos is now online and you can see them by following the link below:

QuadrantParkReunions.com photo gallery

Keep checking the website for more photographs. It’s also the place to find full details of our next party, which we will be releasing soon.

Thanks again and we’ll see you next time,

John, Mike and Andy

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

next time - can't feckin wait :D

lee laaaa

Aug 10, 2007
Hiya

Well, we drove a very long way for this one and petrol ain't cheap.

The Quad room was rammed and rockin' - and that's what we came for.

The photos are now online. here's what John Kelly said:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi,

A big thank you from Mike, Andy and me to everyone who came down to The Masque on Thursday and helped us rock the Quadrant Park room.

The first set of photos is now online and you can see them by following the link below:

QuadrantParkReunions.com photo gallery

Keep checking the website for more photographs. It’s also the place to find full details of our next party, which we will be releasing soon.

Thanks again and we’ll see you next time,

John, Mike and Andy

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

next time - can't feckin wait :D

The quad room was rammed and rocking could you please tell me at what time it was both rammed and rocking?

More photos now on line

Here we go, just a few samples:

crowd1.jpg
crowd2.jpg
crowd5.jpg
es45.jpg
es41.jpg
crowd4.jpg
es42.jpg
girls2.jpg

LOTS more photos from this event and other events at:

click here for QuadrantParkReunions.com - photo gallery

keep checking the website for full details of the next event, which are coming soon. You can also join the mailing list and the Quadrant Park Reunions Facebook Group via the front page of the website.

Coolio.

May 7, 2008
thought the night was very poor after mike knowler and those pictures where probably from early on in the night, been speaking to a load of people who go to these nights and alot of em said they will not go to another night as it was that bad, shame really.
felt sorry for danny rampling cos about 7 people where downstairs to hear him play but he ended up playing upstairs unfortunatley he didnt have the tunes to get the dancefloor wiggling let alone rocking.
big thnx to mike knowler for actually playing tunes that where played in the quad and to everyone i met on the night.

take note dj's sort out the tunes or the next night might very well be the last