putting my dats onto comp??

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

kells&tots

Jun 11, 2004
Leeds
can anyone help i want to put all my dat tapes on the computer in mp3 format, but havn't got a clue how, do i need sofware etc??:confused:

do it the same way as what u would say a record or normal tape, jus plug the DAT machine into ur computer, u will need software, i use sony sound forge, play the dat tape while u got ur software recording and when its done just save it as a mp3 (u get a choice)

hope this may help a little

Nov 13, 2006
manchester
do it the same way as what u would say a record or normal tape, jus plug the DAT machine into ur computer, u will need software, i use sony sound forge, play the dat tape while u got ur software recording and when its done just save it as a mp3 (u get a choice)

hope this may help a little

yes it does thanks, by the way i made a mistake they arn't dats just normal cassettes, but i presume it's the same :thumbsup:

brady

VIP Silver Member
Oct 26, 2001
Scottish Borders
www.tracklistings.co.uk
lead from your tape deck headphone socket to your computers soundcard line in socket

then on the software you use, set the record source to your soundcard line in socket so it picks up the signal

go to download.com for a program, just type in mp3 into the search window there and see what programs come up

:thumbsup: