Ps3 Yellow Light Of Death

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

steveod

VIP Silver Member
Jul 21, 2007
Skem
Anyone had any problems with this.Just checked out playbackups.com who say they can fix it but not permanently.Is this correct and are they worth using they seem to be the only ones saying its not a permanent fix.Any help or thoughts appreciated.:thumbsup:

elvisontour

Jan 9, 2004
IN A HOUSE
I Seen This On Telly

I seen this a while back on telly its smit to do with the solder on the main board and the ps3 or insides has to be put into a heating machine so it seals proper will have a look now but I do know it can be fixed as they where doing it for free outside the playstation shop in london they where taking the inside out putting it into a bag and then into a heater thing once it was put back together it was fixed will have a look for the clip online and post it here see if they have anymore info...:thumbsup:

Unofficial Yellow Light of Death [YLOD] Informative (Still) Thread **R.I.P.** - PlayStation.com Forums

PS3 Yellow Light Of Death Fix - How To Guide

steveod

VIP Silver Member
Jul 21, 2007
Skem
Thanks for the links Dean, looks like it might be better getting it repaired by someone other than sony.Would try it me self but the wife bought it for me when they first came out and paid £400 and if i went anywhere near it with a screwdriver she would castrate me.:thumbsup:

elvisontour

Jan 9, 2004
IN A HOUSE
cash converters mate

Mate buy a secound hand one from cash converters and swop it over with your one.
THEN take your one back the next day and say its fooked and you had to go buy a new one that morning as it was a present for a family member.
Thats it mate fixed in a matter of one day and costs you fook all they send your broken one off to get fixed AND LOOSE NOTHING..

You get a playstation that works and your cash back ...

EVERYONES A WINNER...:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

steveod

VIP Silver Member
Jul 21, 2007
Skem
Thats a bit devious i like the the way your mind works;) Do they take a record of the serial numbers of the ones they are selling though cause i would feel a bit of a cnut going in shouting that they had sold me a piece of crap:$

Mate buy a secound hand one from cash converters and swop it over with your one.
THEN take your one back the next day and say its fooked and you had to go buy a new one that morning as it was a present for a family member.
Thats it mate fixed in a matter of one day and costs you fook all they send your broken one off to get fixed AND LOOSE NOTHING..

You get a playstation that works and your cash back ...

EVERYONES A WINNER...:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Jeany arse :king: :king: :king: :thumbsup:

elvisontour

Jan 9, 2004
IN A HOUSE
Nope there to bizzy

NOPE THERE TO BIZZY BUYING CRAP AND SELLING IT ON LOL... LET ME KNOW HOW YOU GET ON... I have done it a few times with ps1 when that was out lol they where always breakin..;)

steveod

VIP Silver Member
Jul 21, 2007
Skem
Just an update for you Dean, couldnt find one the same as mine in any of the cash converters localy so brought it in for repair.The fella in the shop repaired it and basicly said it was fooked and to take it Gamestation and part ex it for a new slimline one.Brought it home and let my youngest play on it for a few hours then watched a blu ray on it.Was gonna take it in to part ex today but its not working again same problem.The fix lasted 6 days:mad:

elvisontour

Jan 9, 2004
IN A HOUSE
sorry matey

shame that mate I am the king of broken shite.. everything I buy breaks and I end up tinkering with it so I know what boat your in trying to get it fixed hence me doing few swops with cash converters most of the stuff in there is either robbed or fooked never buy a mixer from there its a nap that it will be fooked somewhere or other...

Anyway mate I hope you have some luck in the future will try to think of some other methods for ya tho lol ....;) ;) ;)

leaky

Apr 11, 2006
hi mate ive had it twice, and its really easy to fix :D i just followed this YouTube - ps3 ylod fix part1 gilksy and it worked fine for about 4 month, then i got it again :( the 1st time i fixed it i borrowed some thermal paste of someone but i think it had seen better days, so the second time it happend i bought some artic silver thermal paste and its been as good as new ever since :thumbsup: just watch the vid and follow the steps it really is easy, and im not skilled in electronics in any way. mine is a forty gig model which is different from the one in the video, but the same guy gilksy also has a video on youtube showing how to strip down a 40 gig model, a freind of mine had it about a year ago and took it to a shop in leeds who chrged £50 with no gurantee, have a go it will be as good as new if you follow the video.

steveod

VIP Silver Member
Jul 21, 2007
Skem
Thanks leaky ive binned it and bought a new one now.I tried thst gilksy fix and used silver thermal paste from maplins , it lasted for about 6 weeks then went again.I ended up fixing it 5 or 6 times after that, each time it lasted less than the time before.The last time i fixed it the ethernet and wireless connections wouldnt work so i couldnt even transfer all my saved games to the new console.I should of tried fixing it myself first before sending it for repair because when i did do it myself i found they hadnt done it properly,they had caked the procesors in paste and not put half of the screws back in.and some of the little heat pads were missing.

leaky

Apr 11, 2006
ahh bugger m8, well i guess mine will no doubt die over the next few week, i should have got a new one with my phone instead of opting for a smart phone which i done ever use any of the features on :S , my m8 bought 1 on saturday from asda, £235 for 160g sounded a good price.

steveod

VIP Silver Member
Jul 21, 2007
Skem
I got my new one free with my phone not a bad deal either got the htc wildfire on a 18 month contract 900 mins a month and free internet.:thumbsup: No way i was gonna give sony any more of my hard earned cash they should of fixed it for free seeing as they knew about the problem.:mad: