private parking fine scams

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

leaky

Apr 11, 2006
i couldn't belive i finally got round to opening a few days worth of letters to find i had a parking charge of £50, but as i only opened it today, i had another saying its now gone upto £80 with a photo of my car entering and leaving a car park, and if i dont cough up now it will go to £110 :cry: what really pissed me off though is i phoned the store where the car was parked and asked about the parking policy to be told its free parking but maximum 1hr stay, on a retail park :crazy: but the store only rented the land and had nothing to do with the car park, apparantly lots of people have complained about the same thing. thing is we only went in the 1 shop, it was 2 days after my little lads birthday and he had £120 to spend in the toy shop which he did, but it took some choosing and according to these letters we spent 1hr 15min in the car park, thats a whopping 15minutes over a bargain at £80. i did nearly phone them up today and offer to pay the initial £50, but im glad i checked online 1st :D :D :D

Parking eye fine - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

the fourth post down has a link to all the different companys scam letters, so it looks like i have a debt collectors letter to come saying they have bought the debt, followed by a solicitors letter threatening county court, at least now when these arrive i can now just chuckle at them and file them in the bin....

has anyone else had one of these letters, spread the word, because i didn't think i was too gullable, but very nearly coughed up.....

Aug 10, 2005
Blackburn
It happened to me about a year back. I had probably 20 letters from various solicitors and debt collectors then eventually they stopped. :cool: Robbing tw@ts wanted £150 in the end...

From what I've read it's just an unenforceable invoice, they never take you to court because they know it will never stand. You have to be careful though, if your in violation of the road traffic act (i.e. issued by a traffic warden) then they're the real deal and you have to pay them. Think there's another one aswell, something to do with railway by-laws, but apart from that... just ignore them :)

leaky

Apr 11, 2006
yeah that sounds about right from what i have looked into if its issued by a traffic warden, council, or police then its a fine, but these private parking companys cannot fine you, they are just sending you an invoice for a breach of contract, not fully sure about the ins and outs but theres also something about them having to prove you agreed to a contract in the first place.

MEGABLAST

Jun 12, 2010
Probably in work
www.discogs.com
This happened to me just before Chrimbo same company Parking Eye. Got the usual 3 letters then nothing, what was really funny is the letter with the pics of the car on had 2 different cars :|

My brother in law also had exactly the same from the same car park & company.

If you have the time to read up on it, what parking eye are doing is illegal :mad:
Martin Lewis web site has some good info & links :thumbsup:

leaky

Apr 11, 2006
This happened to me just before Chrimbo same company Parking Eye. Got the usual 3 letters then nothing, what was really funny is the letter with the pics of the car on had 2 different cars :|

My brother in law also had exactly the same from the same car park & company.

If you have the time to read up on it, what parking eye are doing is illegal :mad:
Martin Lewis web site has some good info & links :thumbsup:

yeah i read into it and it does appear to be all bollocks, i cant understand how these companys have not been shut down yet :eek: here is a good clip :thumbsup: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAIcdi9niHA]YouTube - How to deal with Penalty Charge Notices issued by private companies[/ame]

leaky

Apr 11, 2006
his more or less sums it up :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpyn3fdqsGY&feature=related]YouTube - You don't have to pay private parking tickets![/ame]

stetheboro

Jul 21, 2001
Louisiana formerly Middlesbrough
I had my car towed and im-pounded on Saturday night in Blackpool for parking in a residential parking spot at 9:30pm for a whole 5 mins. My sister was staying in a holiday flat I litterally went in dropped off some stuff to her and straight back out the door. Within that 5mins the Pikeys from CID Security had hauled my car away and cost me £300 to get it back.

They claim to have done a 4 wheel lift as to not damage my car, funny that my handbrake cable snapped and I have a horrid griding in the front right drivers wheel right afterwards and there were skid marks all down the road to the compound. I asked them for their insurance details and was told no and that I would have to prove it was them. Ggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Now not only am I £300 down initially but also the cost of repairs. TWATS

Im hoping i can get Fink to have some fun with these guys tonight as I still have their number :evil:

Last edited:

bad bill

Sep 19, 2011
cid security legal robbery .

I had my car towed and im-pounded on Saturday night in Blackpool for parking in a residential parking spot at 9:30pm for a whole 5 mins. My sister was staying in a holiday flat I litterally went in dropped off some stuff to her and straight back out the door. Within that 5mins the Pikeys from CID Security had hauled my car away and cost me £300 to get it back.

They claim to have done a 4 wheel lift as to not damage my car, funny that my handbrake cable snapped and I have a horrid griding in the front right drivers wheel right afterwards and there were skid marks all down the road to the compound. I asked them for their insurance details and was told no and that I would have to prove it was them. Ggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Now not only am I £300 down initially but also the cost of repairs. TWATS

Im hoping i can get Fink to have some fun with these guys tonight as I still have their number :evil:

same guys took my new car from private car park on 17.9.2011. it was in st cuthberts church car park (blackpool ) cid security rang fat dave gaffer and he demanded £325 quid to give me my car back they said that they were acting on behalf of pub which is next to church i explained that pub dont own this car park we were in and that church did made no difference .went to see pub owners but manager wasnt availavle to meet us but did speak on phone eventually after 4 hours trying.took cpl friends with me sat in pub for quite while and eventually bar staff said that fat dave cid security was coming to pick me up and take me to my car and that manager had decided to pay the bill yeah right.they landed few mins later asked me to get in car with them. only me was allowed to get in with them had to leave my wife behind anyway got to compound which is opp footy ground easy to find .i already knew where there compound was as had phoned some pikey friends and we had already been earlier but had good chain lock on gate so couldnt get in to get my car back .compound is crap not manned at all anyone could jump over fence and rob your car but seems queer as police say they use these guys on reg basis.police were totally unhelpful these guys stole my car and are backed up by the police maddness .like said if anyone has there car lifted by these 2 guys it will be in there so called compound opp footy grounds .next time i visit blackpool ill be taking my portable burning gear with me just incase and wont hesitate in burning fat daves lock of to get my stolen property back.pub i guess get percentage of proffits as does loads other buissness shops etc who use this company to make money from they must be earning thousands per week and they only accept cash .:mad:

leaky

Apr 11, 2006
thats a shitter :mad: i had forgot about this thread but just as an update, i have never heard anything again about my so called fine, i got 3 letters and that was it :D so it seems true that if you ignore them they go away. according to what i read online, i should have recived a letter from a debt collector saying they had bought my debt, then another of a (bogus) solicitor threatening me with court, but they have never arrived.

the last letter was dated March and this is what it says.

Dear Sir/Madam

We notice from our records that the previous two Parking Charge Notices we have sent you, which refer to the breach of terms and conditions for parking at the Manningham Lane Retail Park car park on --/--/--- have not been paid.

As you will notice the Reduced Parking Charge amount of £50 has now expired. The amount now payable is £80.

If the payment of £80 is not forthcoming by --/--/---- this will see the Parking Charge rise further to £110

If this letter is ignored, we will have no option other than to instruct our debt collection agency, to secure immediate payment, commencing court proceedings, through our solicitors, if required. Therefore to avoid future and unnecessary action, please pay the outstanding Parking Charge at the final reduced amount, for what was a clear contravention of parking regulations.

The consequences of not paying, and subsequent legal proceedings, are that you could recieve a County Court Judgement and, if you ignore that, a bailiff will attend your address to remove goods.

We are determined to protect the interests of our clients and thier customers by managing their car parks, as is legally their right, so they are free from parking abuse of this kind and fit for their intended purpose.[/
I]

you could recieve a County Court Judgement and, if you ignore that of course im not going to ignore a county court you thick ***** im just ignoring you as you have not even had the decency to tell me who your trying to fine yet, because you dont actually know yourselves :cops:

bad bill

Sep 19, 2011
thats a shitter :mad: i had forgot about this thread but just as an update, i have never heard anything again about my so called fine, i got 3 letters and that was it :D so it seems true that if you ignore them they go away. according to what i read online, i should have recived a letter from a debt collector saying they had bought my debt, then another of a (bogus) solicitor threatening me with court, but they have never arrived.

the last letter was dated March and this is what it says.

Dear Sir/Madam

We notice from our records that the previous two Parking Charge Notices we have sent you, which refer to the breach of terms and conditions for parking at the Manningham Lane Retail Park car park on --/--/--- have not been paid.

As you will notice the Reduced Parking Charge amount of £50 has now expired. The amount now payable is £80.

If the payment of £80 is not forthcoming by --/--/---- this will see the Parking Charge rise further to £110

If this letter is ignored, we will have no option other than to instruct our debt collection agency, to secure immediate payment, commencing court proceedings, through our solicitors, if required. Therefore to avoid future and unnecessary action, please pay the outstanding Parking Charge at the final reduced amount, for what was a clear contravention of parking regulations.

The consequences of not paying, and subsequent legal proceedings, are that you could recieve a County Court Judgement and, if you ignore that, a bailiff will attend your address to remove goods.

We are determined to protect the interests of our clients and thier customers by managing their car parks, as is legally their right, so they are free from parking abuse of this kind and fit for their intended purpose.[/
I]

you could recieve a County Court Judgement and, if you ignore that of course im not going to ignore a county court you thick ***** im just ignoring you as you have not even had the decency to tell me who your trying to fine yet, because you dont actually know yourselves :cops:

love it scamming cun.s.