Postmen Leaving Records

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Sprewell

Oct 25, 2003
Madchester
Whats the deal with postmen leaving records. Are they allowed to leave records on the doorstep if they are not recorded? I got back to my house today to find a record just sitting there.

I wouldnt be too bothered if i lived on a very quiet street or had a porch but i live on a main road and people are walking past etc all the time. Anyone could of taken it. Surely there not allowed to do this. :mad: If it had been taken i would have been non the wiser and would of started a war with the ebayer i bought it off lol.

What do postmen do with your records that are not recorded.

The old postmen we use to have made sure one of the neighbours took it in for me. Wonder whats happened to him. :confused:

Maybe i should just get recorded every time to keep sane.

The record that was involved in this ordeal was dee-lite -wild times. Suppose thats irrelvant but loving the tune.

Saysay

Apr 20, 2003
Madchester
www.mixcloud.com
Surley they should try next doors, failing that, leave a message through your letterbox asking you to come and pick it up or to arrange re-delivery! Not leave it on your door step for every man and his dog to see!! :eek:

turpieaj

Feb 15, 2003
sunshine on Leith, via Watford
No under no circumstances are any packages are to be left on a doorstep.
"Doorstepping" is quite a serious offence - and postman are told that whilst on induction (entrant training).

The correct procedure is that if there is no response to the door to fill out a (Pxxx) (cant remember the number) and return the item to the office after completion of delivery - you then have the choice to pick up the item from your delivery office or have the item resent.

Phone your local delivery office and speak to the delivery office manager. He may have a word in your posties shell like...

Andy

Sprewell said:
Whats the deal with postmen leaving records. Are they allowed to leave records on the doorstep if they are not recorded? I got back to my house today to find a record just sitting there.

This has happened to me a few times since moving to where I am now :mad:
It isnt right and only a matter of time before one is stolen or sat there in the rain whilst I'm on holiday.
I keep meaning to mention it but always miss the postie - doh!

stee

Mar 10, 2004
soundcloud.com
I've had loads of different posties deliver to mine. The first guy used to drop it off at a neighbours house if I wasn't in, the next one used to just leave it outside in the fucking rain...... the new guy now doesn't even ask me to sign for anything anymore.....:confused: but if we aren't in he at least takes it back to the depot.

Presuming Ed

My personal favourite with regard to Postmen leaving records somewhere, was once a few years back when I came home and found a card that was left. it said 'Have left item: Under bin'. Sure enough there it was in the cavity under my wheelie bin. (Good job it didn't rain though)!!!:S

nics

Oct 5, 2004
im like herpes....never quite fcuk hoff!!!
i know peeps have diffo work patterns n stuff, but i just get everything delivered to my work addy!! parcels, recorded letters, vinyl, ebay shite:$

takes the piss tho when they just leave everything on show on ur doorstep for every tom dick n harry to either mooch at or nick it:mad:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Mine have always been taken back to the depot, apart from one time when they left them with a neighbour.

I don't think that postmen should even be allowed to leave packages with a neighbour though, because some people might have fallen out with theirs:|

Silky

Feb 20, 2005
New Zealand
Fantastic Thread i must admit, i always get home and search the high hills to where a postie mite leave mine, dnt mind too much if they leave it on show as i live in the middle of no where but if its rains i get pissed off.

But when they do leave it, they leave it in several diff places around my house, 1, On top of the letter box down the drive, 2. In the porch, 3, Up in the greenhouse, 4 Next door neighbour (A walk down the road.)

So im always on a mission when i get home lookin for that piece of vinyl glory. Can get almost as hard lookin for the choon, as trackin the choon on the net in the 1st place LOL

Davey T

Sep 15, 2004
On a couple of occasions now my postie has left records at the front door and i also live on a very busy street !!! pretty annoying especially if your waiting for a rareity to arrive !!!! :mad:

If i remember rightly one of them was the white label mix of UDG 'Heaven' !!! ok, it may not be that rare but i would have been pretty gutted had it been robbed !!! :cry:

Dj ste

Feb 28, 2005
leeds
being a postie myself i would take 'em back to the depot but i don't have this trouble anyway as none of my customers get any vinyl through the post :thumbsup: (exept for when i'm carrying my own ;) )

fred_funk

May 9, 2003
Landaaaaaan town
nics said:
i know peeps have diffo work patterns n stuff, but i just get everything delivered to my work addy!! parcels, recorded letters, vinyl, ebay shite:$

takes the piss tho when they just leave everything on show on ur doorstep for every tom dick n harry to either mooch at or nick it:mad:
I'm the same. I almost always get records delivered to work. It's just easier that way. The only thing I don't get delivered to work is my wine. I don't want work to know how much I drink :$

mrnex

Registered Member
May 5, 2005
Staffs.
What about the postman who wants so bad to do his job - he folds the 12" mailer in half and posts it??? I went outside as was in when he did it - and the bellwiff said " thought it was a bit tough".....

He also used to stand tunes outside my back door - in a huge puddle ( right next to a walkway where it was undercover ) so the mailer and tune were soaked.

Now no disrespect to posties in general - but this geezer was a 7" short of a record collection. :mad:

coggledots

Aug 11, 2005
Harrogate
fred_funk said:
I'm the same. I almost always get records delivered to work. It's just easier that way. The only thing I don't get delivered to work is my wine. I don't want work to know how much I drink :$

You get WINE delivered? Why didn't i think of that? who delivers it for you? give us the website addy! pleeeessse :p

Back on topic :$ Have got to go to the sortin office to pick up tunes, postie (on the odd times he's caught me in) keeps tryin to get me to tell him some secret stash place for him to leave 'em, but i'm not having it, I know it's a ball ache him having to cart em back everytime, but it's best place for em

Postie before this one was known to throw tunes over my (locked) back gate :S No note through door or nothing! Did not even know they'd be there until i let the dog out & find a wet lump of cardbord & vinyl :mad:

digthemusic

Mar 25, 2002
burnley
Antz said:
Wierd that, mine always get took to the local depot.
Our post must fuckin hate me. Think its time for a 12" letter box ;)

You don't need a 12" letter box. The posamen can quite easily fit a 12" record through a 6" letter box :(

fred_funk

May 9, 2003
Landaaaaaan town
coggledots said:
You get WINE delivered? Why didn't i think of that? who delivers it for you? give us the website addy! pleeeessse :p

Back on topic :$ Have got to go to the sortin office to pick up tunes, postie (on the odd times he's caught me in) keeps tryin to get me to tell him some secret stash place for him to leave 'em, but i'm not having it, I know it's a ball ache him having to cart em back everytime, but it's best place for em

Postie before this one was known to throw tunes over my (locked) back gate :S No note through door or nothing! Did not even know they'd be there until i let the dog out & find a wet lump of cardbord & vinyl :mad:

Oh yes I get wine delivered. F**kin ace. I use Virgin Wines.

Every case I order (apart from their special offers) I get the 13th bottle free. I've got an Egg money card so get 20% cashback (as long as I go via the Egg website). If the case gets nicked cos some delivery chap leaves it outside the door then they replace it for free (very topical in terms of this thread!) ...
...and the wine is pretty good.

I recommend it.

If you are going to do it then let me know, as if I recommend you, then I get a voucher (and I think you might get a voucher too!) - not sure about this as I haven;t done this for a year or so.

Oops, just reading some stuff on the Virgin Wines website and realised that the reason I get the 13th bottle free is that I spend more than £350 a year with them. That's not including the stuff that gets bought at the supermarket. :$ :$ :$ :$ :$