Posting Vinyl

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

pleasuredrom2

Nov 6, 2006
WIGAN
Where is the best place to get the cardboard sleave/packages to post vinyl and does anyone have a rough idea of the cost to post a 12"?

Cheers guys :)

Presuming Ed

I get my mailing envelopes from 'soundswholesale' on Ebay. I reckon you'll be hard pushed to find any cheaper.

100 12" PEEL+SEAL RECORD MAILERS 100 STIFFENERS FREE24h | eBay

Another option are these mailers:

DEFENDA MusicMax Cardboard 12" Vinyl LP Record Mailers & 7" Singles - Strong Wraps, Mailers & Boxes Music Max - Strongest Mailers Available

These are good for sending items abroad as well, especially if you are shipping a few records together. They are very lightweight and so keep postage costs to a minimum.

The cost of posting 1 12" record (or maybe 2) upto 500g is £2.16 2nd class standard (£2.93 recorded).

Europe is on average £3.16 for one record

ROW is around £5.50+ for one record

DEFENDA MusicMax Cardboard 12" Vinyl LP Record Mailers & 7" Singles - Strong Wraps, Mailers & Boxes Music Max - Strongest Mailers Available

These are good for sending items abroad as well, especially if you are shipping a few records together. They are very lightweight and so keep postage costs to a minimum.

cheers for this..wondered what they were called, have a pile of them already but just bought more in prep to sell a shed load of vinyl....:thumbsup:

just bought a tune for 40 notes and was gobsmaked when postman delivered it... wrapped in bubble wrap and brown paper, creased to fu** and bent in half.... nice :mad: so always worth taking that little bit of extra care when posting yourself...

Presuming Ed

just bought a tune for 40 notes and was gobsmaked when postman delivered it... wrapped in bubble wrap and brown paper, creased to fu** and bent in half.... nice :mad: so always worth taking that little bit of extra care when posting yourself...

No problem, glad to help. I once had a record delivered just wrapped in brown paper. Amazingly it was undamaged. Like you say though, it's better to use decent packing materials when posting, as it gives you and the buyer peace of mind