Postage Costs Rant

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Davey T

Sep 15, 2004
How many people on here are sick to death of being massively overcharged on postage costs for records???

In the main i'm talking about foreign sellers - for example, it pisses me off when i buy a single record from Italy and the seller charges between 10-12euros for P&P - then when the fooking tune turns up it's clear to see that it cost all of 3.50euros!!!! This is happening more and more in my opinion - what ever happened to honest geniune sellers!?!?!?!?

The other day i found a tune online (Seller in Spain) i'd been looking for for a while - imagine my delight when i noticed the tune was only 3euros - had a read around but could find no info on postage costs or owt so thought - it's only from Spain so can't be too much P&P, i'll just take a chance n order it rather than run the risk of it selling whilst i'm waiting for a response to my question.

Gets an e-mail back saying total inc P&P - 19 fookin euros! 16 euros to ship 1 vinyl from Spain...i think not.

Went back to the seller saying i'd bought loads of tunes from Spain (which i have) so i know there are cheaper options and could he let me know what they are - comes back to me saying he can send 'not registered' for 16 euros in total - however, there is no insurance should the tune arrived damaged or not at all. Is he trying to tell me that paying 13euros or approx 12 quid on p&p for 1 record does not cover some kind of insurance should there be a problem in transit - bollocks!! The fooker should be hand delivering it at that price lol

Anyways, on the flip side - there are still some genuine sellers out there - Franco on oggs (musicalfreedom_it) is one of my faves from Italy - he'll ship you 8 records for 10 euros and is a thoroughly nice fella also :thumbsup:

And i purchased a tune from Germany the other day - postage was 4.10euros - that's more like it :D

Sorry for the rant but it just annoys me when i end up spending more on postage than i do on the record itself!!!

dodgymix

lol, loads of good tunes in Spain but the postage is always a rip.

Yep there are 3 or 4 Italians I regualrly buy 8 records a go from.

You see a tune you really want for €3 with €6 postage or 8 vinyls for €8
I normally buy 3 of the same record and then 5 other classics for €10/15 and then trade them in at the local vinyl emporium for a £10 a go

more often than not you end up with 2 awesome tracks and £20 in your pocket for more tunes

italianjunkie

Aug 16, 2004
adelaide-sth oz
totally agree wid ya,spains the worst place for getting ripped off on postage charges
i live in oz and its a rip off to send one 12'' back to the uk,it costs $18.25 which is about 9 quid in todays money,im embarrased that sometimes i actually lose out myself cos i lower the postage price myself

Davey T

Sep 15, 2004
Talk about timing - purchased a tune from Italy just over a week ago - arrived today

I was charged 10euros shipping - as bold as brass on the parcel...3.20euros and that's priority!

Fookin joke :mad:

JACKG

VIP Gold Member
Sep 15, 2004
Iv stopped sellin tunes cos I cant be assed with the postage malarkey...:rolleyes:

I was quite happy to sell some of me tunes I dont play/like for next to nowt...sold many for under a £1 and sent out a good few for free at my expense.. will never make bunisness man of the year lol

Posting has become a right ball ache...3 of the local Post Offices I used to use regularly has shut:eek: :(

I dont like queing up at a main Post Office... I might even have to pay for parkin etc now that I will have to post in my lunch hour n nip to the centre:rolleyes:

Its also got quite expensive... could happily charge £1-50 a while back and that would more than cover costs...these days its gettin towards £3 so if your sellin a tune for 99p aint a bargain no more :| ...get yourself to a (Ian's :)) shop or buy a shed load;)

siman91

Dec 28, 2002
Brisvegas
Try dealing with USPS (United States Postal Service), complete arseholes. For 20 records is approx $70!! Unfortunately for the seller I agreed to purchase approx 100 records for a fixed sum inc postage and now he is suffering trying to get the over here!!

I have also been charged recently $43 for 19 records from USA but via surface, I expect to see those maybe by Christmas.

Postage does kill many deals especially from Europe and USA, I will very rarely pay $14 for a single record from USA or E9.00 for Europe, it realy does encourage you to purchase mutliple records. Postage from France seems to be cheap at the moment although none of them seem to know postage sleves exist and usually turn up in brown paper?

s