Post Pics of you record collections

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
this is one half of mine just after the cheap shit ikea unit commited suicide.
you may notice a vestax turntable under there (snapped arm off) and also a radiator which was knocked 3 inches to the left splitting the copper and leaving water pissing through the ceiling :mad:
still love vinyl though:thumbsup:

OUCH!!!!:cry:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Where's that piccy of the collection in the bar at?:cool:

This is a large chunk of mine...

Attachments

• records.jpg
    records.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 311

MANC

Apr 1, 2003
Manc
Tilly i can see from the first pic that u have got a nice collection of west-end, tuff city and Profile records. i can see that by just going off the spines. thats how sad am i :( :| :$

Tilly Tina Tunz

Feb 21, 2009
Madchester
Tilly i can see from the first pic that u have got a nice collection of west-end, tuff city and Profile records. i can see that by just going off the spines. thats how sad am i :( :| :$

Nowt sad about that MANC.... what is sad tho is all the above,ok half which wurrr mine all went up in smoke a few years ago :mad: & yes i'm still traumatised.... :cry: :( :cry:

However lucky moi has all the above to still get messy with ... thanks to a old work colleague & true friend...

fook knows how or why he trusts me with his awsome collection :confused: but thankfully he does :D

nick grayson

Apr 8, 2007
Thanks Tills just wait to u see all "the others" that i cant fit in that house
(Im glad id tidied up a bit btw LOLOL)

One day young lady i will show ya if ya very lucky

N yes MANC they are west end etc originals and you are not sad at all i am for putting em all in label order LOLOLOL

Nick

stuck in Aahz

Mar 28, 2004
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
this is one half of mine just after the cheap shit ikea unit commited suicide.
you may notice a vestax turntable under there (snapped arm off) and also a radiator which was knocked 3 inches to the left splitting the copper and leaving water pissing through the ceiling :mad:
still love vinyl though:thumbsup:

Thanks for posting that! I've got the same Ikea unit at my house about half filled. I've often wondered if it could take the weight of being full. I won't be putting many more on there now! :|

MANC

Apr 1, 2003
Manc
well spotted... good game this:cool:

MancNick18-7-09008.jpg

^^think thats a collection of sleeping bag on this one 3rd shelf down to the ritght..... and wats the label on bottom shelf to the left??

siman91

Dec 28, 2002
Brisvegas

Sorry but I had to laugh at this. Fortunately your records look fine although pitty about the deck. The Ikea units are good if they are correctly put together but importantly that they are seated on a solid flat floor and fixed to the wall otherwise they will collapse like a pack of cards. If your putting them on a suspended floor (floor boards or upper floors) make sure the struture of the floor is strong enough and make the Ikea unit more rigid by screwing ply wood to its back face. This will stop it wanting to fall sidewards.

Lesson learnt, they are some of the best units out there if done correctly, others are much more expensive and the main difference is they are constructed from ply (some are only mdf which is very weak) and have a back to make them rigid.

As said I have 2 4x4 ikea units full and a case under the stairs with my box sets and sealed high value items in.

Records.jpg

s

Last edited: