Post Office Currency...

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

li'l Sonz

Apr 27, 2005
Manchester
www.myspace.com
Hi guys, just a quick one as I'm on holiday at the moment but was just wondering if anyone could help me...

Before I went on my holidays, I went and got 200quids worth of Israeli money for my holidays. They had to order it in so I went back the next day to collect it. This was a week before I went. The guy at the post office counted it (although on his counter so I didn't have a clear view) and it seemed like all was there. Obviously I didn't check it again as it had been checked in front of me by who I thought was a reputable source.

Except today when I got 200sheqels (about 35quid-sorry, no pound sign) out of the packet and put it in my purse. Went to pay for something then realised it was a FAKE!! :mad: Like, a REALLY shoddy fake. Photocopied and with some Aribic writing on (no doubt saying 'f@ck you on' it)!!!!! Obviously I didnt realise and it was so embarassing as it was so bad! But I honestly didn't look at it properly before putting it in. I mean how much do you really check.... I'd not seen the currency before so hadn't seen what it looked like and obviously that's again another reason for missing it.

Can anyone give me any advice on this?? I've e-mailed them but obviously would like to go into the branch and bollock them but I'm scared of them saying I've picked it up in Israel.... Duno what to do? Would rather not have to take it on the chin as it's 35quid and would be very disappointed if they didn't refund me the money.

I thought the post office were supposed to be a good place to get foreign currency but obviously not!! I'm so pissed off. Stuck somewhere where I can't call them is highly irritating!!!

If anyone knows the best way of me going about doing something about it I'd appreciate it!!

Apart from that, it's lovely. We went to the beach in Tel Aviv today. Will write a full review when I get back or something!

xxx

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Dunno tbh sonz, but I doubt you'd have any recourse once you left the post office mate, otherwise scammers would be taking advantage of it.

Bit of a shitter that:(

Last edited:

leaky

Apr 11, 2006
deffo go and tell them when you get back, chances are they will be glad you did and check with where they ordered the currency from, you never know it might turn out they discover more fakes and thank you with a refund :thumbsup: im sure they would want to know either way.

shazza

VIP Silver Member
Nov 30, 2007
bootle liverpool
awww Sonz thats awful :( I would deffo take it back to the p.o when u get home, bad to think theyve missed that! hope apart from that youre havin a good time :) x