Positivity

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

amymars

Apr 28, 2006
Standish
Not been on here for a while so I thought i'd post something nice!

What makes you feel really positive about life? or about the future? or about anything in general? I've been thinking about this a lot recently. By nature I am not a positive person, but there are certain things which really leave me feeling like the glass is half full rather than half empty.....

1. Making a new friend/friends
2. Doing something for people less fortunate than yourself, really helps re-frame a situation if you are feeling down, and just leaves you feeling great about humanity
3. Spending time with family. These are the people who know you best, and the only people you can really trust, and the people who will support you through tough times. Sometimes I feel like a different person after really having a laugh with my family.

Anything else people?! :D

learning :love: i want a brain that big, i have to drag it places. I get such a high when im in uni and learning stuff...i have to stop myself from squealing

animals - natures li'l comedians...lovely, amazing, clever, furry, noisy, supprisingly 'human' at times...

clothes (im not shallow, it's a creative outlet hahaha) x

art and music (similar to clothes really...theres something about non-verbal communication that I'm down with) x

adverts :$ hahahaha

li'l Sonz

Apr 27, 2005
Manchester
www.myspace.com
It's nice to be positive. It's such a British thing to put a negative spin on things. I always say that there's no perfect weather for most Brits, it's either too hot, too cold, too windy, overcast, raining, snowing, whatever!!! It's not THAT bad!

Things that make me feel positive are:

*How beautiful the English countryside is!! I'm always taking pictures of the sky and other random things coz it's SO NICE! :love:

*How lucky I am to have a group of such amazing friends and family!!!

*When people/friends open up to me, it makes me feel positive because they're opening up to me out of trust and it's nice to think people know you are trustworthy! :)

*Doing my job makes me feel positive because I'm proud to see the results and how happy it makes people. (Hair makes a difference to people)... And it's a reminder of how well I can do, too!

Shallow things that make me feel good are:

*shopping, most sorts, even food!
*cooking for others/myself and getting it right! Lol.

You'd be surprised to see how being positive makes you naturally more that way! I try to most of the time, although when there's a crisis (for me) then I can be down but hey ho! At least I try most of the time.

xx

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Im usually a very positive person and i do love life! life is good for me at the mo but theres always things that can be improved!

Im really struggling to be more positive at the mo as im in danger of losing my job and was told last week that soon i will be surplus to requirements! bloody public sector head count reductions have made me a very miserable lil lady! :mad:

Still plod on we must what will be will be! :rolleyes:

Sheikh Yerbouti

Jan 4, 2008
Some**** Somewhere in Summertime
*How beautiful the English countryside is!!

Totally :king: :thumbsup: :love:

Oh, and music.

Positivity is a state of mind. The world's never gonna be perfect, and I personally wouldn't want it to be. But stuff and general life-bullshit can only get you down if you let it.

So sorry to hear of your work-woes Debs. Last thing you need. just when you thought it was safe, eh? That's a bad one alright. Sure it'll turn out for the best in the end though. Can't keep a good 'un down for long.

li'l Sonz

Apr 27, 2005
Manchester
www.myspace.com
Music is another one, too! Some song make me that happy I could cry or get goosebumps. Amazing! X
It's nice to be positive. It's such a British thing to put a negative spin on things. I always say that there's no perfect weather for most Brits, it's either too hot, too cold, too windy, overcast, raining, snowing, whatever!!! It's not THAT bad!

Things that make me feel positive are:

*How beautiful the English countryside is!! I'm always taking pictures of the sky and other random things coz it's SO NICE! :love:

*How lucky I am to have a group of such amazing friends and family!!!

*When people/friends open up to me, it makes me feel positive because they're opening up to me out of trust and it's nice to think people know you are trustworthy! :)

*Doing my job makes me feel positive because I'm proud to see the results and how happy it makes people. (Hair makes a difference to people)... And it's a reminder of how well I can do, too!

Shallow things that make me feel good are:

*shopping, most sorts, even food!
*cooking for others/myself and getting it right! Lol.

You'd be surprised to see how being positive makes you naturally more that way! I try to most of the time, although when there's a crisis (for me) then I can be down but hey ho! At least I try most of the time.

xx

Music is another one, too! Some song make me that happy I could cry or get goosebumps. Amazing! X

This one does that for me...YouTube - Caribou- Melody Day (Four Tet Remix feat. Luke Lalonde Adem and One Little Plane) This is my fave song at the moment...i love it. the human voice is a force to be reckoned with...:love:

this is the original YouTube - Caribou - Melody Day

Caribou is also a cool producer...u should check him out x

Every single one of four tet's remixes are fucking amazing...an often better than the originals he's re-doing...cool stuff

This is also a fave of 'quiet time' sort of music...YouTube - BJORK HYPERBALLAD